Trouble shifting info 1st gear after recall

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I got a portion of my recall done, I say a portion because they didn't install the sleeve.......but now I have a hard time shifting into 1st gear, it uses to shift smoothly and easily now I have to mash the clutch pedal as hard as I can and slam it into gear, almost feels like there is some sort of delay happening for things to line up. Any ideas?
Sponsored

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I guess I'll be the one to state the obvious here, take is back to the dealership and have them fix it.

Reactions: GtX

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Yup. They didn't bleed the clutch right

I know, took me a few tries to get it right myself, and just had to do it again yesterday after a few thousand miles

Sponsored

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Replaced clutch and flywheel assembly
it has to be an alignment issue of the assembly to the manual trans. As straight forward as this seems, it is usually the issue.

I know you have been on the other thread about the recall and having issues in general. I am about to just waste the money and get the centerforce installed. My pedal feels worse after the recall than before. There is no feedback at all.

OP
OP

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
it has to be an alignment issue of the assembly to the manual trans. As straight forward as this seems, it is usually the issue.

I know you have been on the other thread about the recall and having issues in general. I am about to just waste the money and get the centerforce installed. My pedal feels worse after the recall than before. There is no feedback at all.

I'm hoping it's a simple issue, I was supposed to take the kids camping this weekend, starting today and they have been waiting for weeks. this has been the worse experience I've ever had, I just bought RCV and cro moly axles so there is no $$$$ for a new clutch.

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
I got a portion of my recall done, I say a portion because they didn't install the sleeve.......but now I have a hard time shifting into 1st gear, it uses to shift smoothly and easily now I have to mash the clutch pedal as hard as I can and slam it into gear, almost feels like there is some sort of delay happening for things to line up. Any ideas?
they probably didn't bleed the hydraulic fluid so if ur fluid level seems low u know where to start looking. It would seem they did more damage them good. This is the very same reason I havent taken mine in for any recalls

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
Yup. They didn't bleed the clutch right

I know, took me a few tries to get it right myself, and just had to do it again yesterday after a few thousand miles
Its that bad on these ...???? Now u got me worried

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
I'm hoping it's a simple issue, I was supposed to take the kids camping this weekend, starting today and they have been waiting for weeks. this has been the worse experience I've ever had, I just bought RCV and cro moly axles so there is no $$$$ for a new clutch.
u might be lucky and simply pour in more fluid if u find it to be low. Sometimes it will burp the air out without any other special procedures. Again ... if its low....and depending on a few variables though.

Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Its that bad on these ...???? Now u got me worried
I'm pretty sure I somehow got my shift cables out of alignment. Some days it shifts nicely and others I've got to push it hard into 3rd before I can hope to get it into 1st. Clutch is definitely well bled and releasing. It's that or my synchronizers are going out

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
It's that or my synchronizers are going out
I guess all of us manual trans guys best learn how to swap trans and clutches eh? ;-)
Sponsored