Sponsored

TRMS (Trail Rail Management System) finally arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeoTheDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Not sure why so many people seem to be knocking on this... I see a huge potential for the rails...

I tried doing some research on this before I added it to my build and there wasn't much info, but I figured $200 was more than worth the investment to see what companies come up with. I'm a scuba diver and plan on taking my Jeep everywhere I go diving so I have a ton of gear I need secured (most importantly my tanks) so I found this was worth seeing what the future holds. My dive master has some drawers on rails built into his truck that work amazingly well for securing his gear so I'm holding out on someone making something similar for these rails.
Sponsored

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
How did you attach the molle bag? I’ve got some molle pouches I’d like to attach.

CD4D732A-EC3E-4C75-A1F5-3B5472BDE42E.jpeg

Recursion

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm liking that extinguisher quick release. For the molle bag, I'm using the double slide buckles that came with the bag. They fit the t-slots pretty nicely. I'll take a photo tomorrow morning.

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure why so many people seem to be knocking on this... I see a huge potential for the rails...

I tried doing some research on this before I added it to my build and there wasn't much info, but I figured $200 was more than worth the investment to see what companies come up with. I'm a scuba diver and plan on taking my Jeep everywhere I go diving so I have a ton of gear I need secured (most importantly my tanks) so I found this was worth seeing what the future holds. My dive master has some drawers on rails built into his truck that work amazingly well for securing his gear so I'm holding out on someone making something similar for these rails.
I think the rails are a great concept and will have great use. Definitely agree that you could do some cool stuff for dive tanks too. I do think they should have sold a package and included all the parts with a little better options at launch though. I'm loving the Raider Rack for the back gate but still might add the floor rails.

Sponsored

Recursion

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
@banessi They look like this. These are 1" slide buckles, but you could go wider as long as the height fits the T-slot. I messaged raider rack via their website to see if they sell them separately & will let you know what they say. :like:

20181214_184140.jpg

USMCJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! This is where I bought the rack system.
These were $3.41 add-ons two days ago. Now they're $9.15. Jerks. The black ones are $5.94, and Kahki & Brown are cheaper too.
Oh these are good. Definitely a better setup and versatility over the Mopar one. I wonder if they are going to branch out or do additional attachments.

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I have read about 1 page of this and it seems most of the comments are hatin’ on the TRMS. Valid points on the delay of delivery and silly a part like this can cause huge delays. However, the actual piece of equipment is great in my opinion. The hooks and rails are substantial. I like it and it wasn’t that much money in the whole scheme.

USMCJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
@banessi I think I'm sticking with this set up...

20181130_201556.jpg
@Recursion For the mini (Vertical), what is the distance between the two tracks? I would if a Molle system can be mounted on those with their D-Rings they sell. Hardest part may be fit to ensure the straps fit, but the whole pouch may slide vertically.

Recursion

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
@Recursion For the mini (Vertical), what is the distance between the two tracks? I would if a Molle system can be mounted on those with their D-Rings they sell. Hardest part may be fit to ensure the straps fit, but the whole pouch may slide vertically.
I can post the distance later today. The distance of the tracks are just slightly less than the width of molle bag straps, so the bags attach fine and fit snugly against the mini. Does this answer your question, sorta?

Sponsored

USMCJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I can post the distance later today. The distance of the tracks are just slightly less than the width of molle bag straps, so the bags attach fine and fit snugly against the mini. Does this answer your question, sorta?
Yea that answers the question. May be worth investing in a rail and some D-Rings just to see how it works out.

WranglerHack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Moab
These came in today Priority Mail! The top rail requires removal of that plastic plate & it bolts into the door, and the mini rails snap into the louvers. Installing the rails took about 5 minutes, seriously. I ordered extra hardware from Raider Rack and some accessories from Amazon (quick fists, folding cup holders (They were ~$3 each.)) The cup holders have 6 pre-drilled holes (so they can be mounted on the horizontal or vertical rails) and the quick fists have centered holes, so I only hold to ream out the cup holder holes slightly. Not too bad, only only took two beers to get it set up. I'll probably change it around again. :)

3.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg
Wasn't sure about this until I saw the beer holders...love it! What screws did you use to attach the cup holders to the rack? I'm probably being a dope about this but this is my 1st wrangler, 11 days old.

Recursion

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Wasn't sure about this until I saw the beer holders...love it! What screws did you use to attach the cup holders to the rack? I'm probably being a dope about this but this is my 1st wrangler, 11 days old.
I used the bolts and hardware I got from Raider Rack. The pre-drilled holes in the cup holders had to be drilled out a little, but it was a snap.

Welcome to the family!

Status
Not open for further replies.