Sponsored

TRMS (Trail Rail Management System) finally arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Just ran across raiderrack on Instagram. Has anyone used these? Looks like a more complete tailgate rack system with vertical racks.

2018_11_21_10.06.49.jpg
Something like this I can see strapping instruments down...rail system from factory is just loops that slide on track
Sponsored

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
The slider loops fit all three TRMS rails. One caution...if you install the MOPAR tailgate table, the sliders for the tailgate rail cannot be moved on and off without first removing the table. The table attachment brackets block the ends of the rail.

Recursion

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Something like this I can see strapping instruments down...rail system from factory is just loops that slide on track
Roger that. Damn, I'm glad I found this before ordering the factory rack. This looks way more versatile with tons of mounting options. I'm going to guinea pig a top rack and 3 minis. They say they're in stock. Wish me luck.

Recursion

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The slider loops fit all three TRMS rails. One caution...if you install the MOPAR tailgate table, the sliders for the tailgate rail cannot be moved on and off without first removing the table. The table attachment brackets block the ends of the rail.
Thanks for the reply.

Sponsored

Recursion

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
For whatever it's worth here are few pics of factory. And finding the hardware and putting it all together is the fun part
20181121_105643.jpg
20181121_105702.jpg
20181121_105707.jpg
Thanks. Those mopar tiedowns aren't available, AFAIK? There's some hardware on RR's website that look pretty useful. I'm thinking a couple cleats and a few d-rings would be good starters. I might grab that bag too. I've got tons of bungee cord, so this should get interesting.

Recursion

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
These came in today Priority Mail! The top rail requires removal of that plastic plate & it bolts into the door, and the mini rails snap into the louvers. Installing the rails took about 5 minutes, seriously. I ordered extra hardware from Raider Rack and some accessories from Amazon (quick fists, folding cup holders (They were ~$3 each.)) The cup holders have 6 pre-drilled holes (so they can be mounted on the horizontal or vertical rails) and the quick fists have centered holes, so I only hold to ream out the cup holder holes slightly. Not too bad, only only took two beers to get it set up. I'll probably change it around again. :)

3.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
These came in today Priority Mail! The top rail requires removal of that plastic plate & it bolts into the door, and the mini rails snap into the louvers. Installing the rails took about 5 minutes, seriously. I ordered extra hardware from Raider Rack and some accessories from Amazon (quick fists, folding cup holders (They were ~$3 each.)) The cup holders have 6 pre-drilled holes (so they can be mounted on the horizontal or vertical rails) and the quick fists have centered holes, so I only hold to ream out the cup holder holes slightly. Not too bad, only only took two beers to get it set up. I'll probably change it around again. :)

3.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg
Looks great, can you please send the link for the folding cup holders?

Sponsored

Recursion

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Looks great, can you please send the link for the folding cup holders?
Thanks! This is where I bought the rack system.
These were $3.41 add-ons two days ago. Now they're $9.15. Jerks. The black ones are $5.94, and Kahki & Brown are cheaper too.

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! This is where I bought the rack system.
These were $3.41 add-ons two days ago. Now they're $9.15. Jerks. The black ones are $5.94, and Kahki & Brown are cheaper too.
Was just about to buy a TRMS and found this post. Thanks for sending me in a totally awesome new direction. Including cup holders!!!

Recursion

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Was just about to buy a TRMS and found this post. Thanks for sending me in a totally awesome new direction. Including cup holders!!!
You're very welcome. I decided to go with a 5-mini configuration...the extra 2 should be here tomorrow. Have you figured out your configuration yet?

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
You're very welcome. I decided to go with a 5-mini configuration...the extra 2 should be here tomorrow. Have you figured out your configuration yet?
Not sure yet. I got the big one and three smalls. Totally steeling the cup holder idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.