Sponsored

TRMS (Trail Rail Management System) finally arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

photowiz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
newspaper and outdoor photographer
Vehicle Showcase
I just want the mat, can that be ordered separately?
If you are looking for a cargo mat, Weather Tech just released their custom fit mat for the JLU. Mine just arrived. Quality mat for sure.
Sponsored

Phynal

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU HR
Back to the topic...again...

So from the looks of it, if you have the Mopar Tailgate table, then this will not work? I'd have to remove the tailgate table in order to make this work, right?

Also, the mopar rear cargo mat that matches the front driver/passenger and the middle seat mats, would be replaced by the cargo mat that comes with the TRMS??
From what I've seen, the tailgate system will connect to the TRMS tailgate bar. So it seems that the tie downs on that bar can't be used for anything else if you have the table installed.

As for the mats, the rear cargo mat seems like it would be used instead of the mat that comes with the TRMS system. Of course, it's up to the individual to choose one or the other. The full rear cargo mat seems like the better choice to me, though.

Please, anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
If you are looking for a cargo mat, Weather Tech just released their custom fit mat for the JLU. Mine just arrived. Quality mat for sure.
Do you have a picture of it? I couldn’t wait any longer and went with husky couldn’t be happier perfect fit all the way around 100%

3EF540C6-E2E0-4202-8085-7F1D6EB5EBDD.jpeg

7DE2C25F-2F68-4660-B304-F043C9ECC137.jpeg

61420489-DDAD-4AEA-BC06-23E64E9D83A1.jpeg

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
From what I've seen, the tailgate system will connect to the TRMS tailgate bar. So it seems that the tie downs on that bar can't be used for anything else if you have the table installed.

As for the mats, the rear cargo mat seems like it would be used instead of the mat that comes with the TRMS system. Of course, it's up to the individual to choose one or the other. The full rear cargo mat seems like the better choice to me, though.

Please, anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah so the mopar cargo mats clearly are smaller in width than the entire cargo area footprint, to likely accomodate for the TRMS. I just figured that since MOPAR has the cargo mats that accounts for the extra space needed for the TRMS, that the TRMS itself wouldn't include another mat. A little overkill but it is what it is.

I just don't see how the system will be able tow ork with the tailgate table from MOPAR. As both the back of the trailgate table and the folding part, goes right infront of where the TRMS system (on the tailgate) connects. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong or would need to see it in person?

Anyone who has the TRMS, do you also have the mopar tailgate table?

Sponsored

Dudeman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban 2500
I tried to order TRMS wasn't available. Do you have a part number behind one of those rails ? Dealer can't find it . Any help will be appreciated
I tried to order the TRMS a week ago and the dealer said it wasn't available on the order sheet.

JayInNC

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Here is the TRMS .. just took delivery today

20180711_104937.jpg

20180711_104940.jpg
I was thinking about getting a Mopar tailgate table but unless I'm mistaken, it looks like the tailgate rail will be useless if you also have a tailgate table installed. Anyone see it differently?

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a picture of it? I couldn’t wait any longer and went with husky couldn’t be happier perfect fit all the way around 100%

3EF540C6-E2E0-4202-8085-7F1D6EB5EBDD.jpeg

7DE2C25F-2F68-4660-B304-F043C9ECC137.jpeg

61420489-DDAD-4AEA-BC06-23E64E9D83A1.jpeg
I searched Husky website, not seeing JL Cargo Mat....

RAZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara, Granite Crystal
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah so the mopar cargo mats clearly are smaller in width than the entire cargo area footprint, to likely accomodate for the TRMS. I just figured that since MOPAR has the cargo mats that accounts for the extra space needed for the TRMS, that the TRMS itself wouldn't include another mat. A little overkill but it is what it is.

I just don't see how the system will be able tow ork with the tailgate table from MOPAR. As both the back of the trailgate table and the folding part, goes right infront of where the TRMS system (on the tailgate) connects. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong or would need to see it in person?

Anyone who has the TRMS, do you also have the mopar tailgate table?
Was casually browsing Amazon, and came across this picture:
Keya94a.png

It looks like the table may come with additional hardware to attach to the TRMS, The product listing didn't have a picture of the table in the closed position over the rail, but from the following picture, it looks like it would cover the rail in it's entirety limiting it's utility with the table installed:

KU6MPF8.png

Sponsored

Courtjester69

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk Sahara jl Rubicon
I think they share the same screws ? If you remove your rail you will see three holes. You would just have to drill out for bottom holes. Look for the mounting instructions for the tail gate table

RAZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara, Granite Crystal
Vehicle Showcase
Admittedly I haven't seen the installation manual. If it's the same screws, then no worries.

mikesjeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited
When I bought my jeep earlier this year these were not a option. Based on the wait times I'm glad they were not...! I have been waiting on them to come out. If you order new you can get them but the dealers do not have a kit yet (that mine was aware of) I just spent an hour at my dealer parts counter and we finally pieced all the OEM part numbers together. ALL of the parts are on backorder with no expected date. Also, pieced together they total $469.45 !! I'm going to wait. Here's all the part numbers
1 - Rear door rail - 68419013AA ($73.10/EA)
3 - Rail Bolts - 6105151AA ($3.20/EA)
2 - Slide Loops - 68419014AA ($31.35/EA)
2 - Floor Rail - 68419016AA & 68419017AA ($79.45/EA)
6 - Slide Loops 68419014AA ($31.35/EA)

If anyone knows a better place to get this or if they see a kit out there, please post.

linkfeeney

First Name
link
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma Trd-Off Road
I just looked at the jeep website. They dont even have this as an option anymore... weird.

deweysjeep

First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yeah, it does look different:
adjust-trail-rail-system.jpg

Do they still lock like that?

I'm wondering if they will offer a locking mechanism at some point. As I look at it, could the rails (+lock) be used to secure a locking box (I just can't use the word lockbox) in the back? Maybe a way to secure things when going with the top down/off?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.