Sponsored

TRMS (Trail Rail Management System) finally arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
"JLA_Mo": FCA:"We are not Amazon". Any wonder why the largest stockholder in Amazon is now the wealthiest person on the planet? I an track a two dollar item on Amazon and my $50K Rubi disappears from view for days or weeks.

I wonder how well my Mopar rear mat will fit with the TRMS.
Sponsored

JJexp

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 68 Y body coupe.
Occupation
G650 driver

AJ CJ5

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 CJ5, 2020 JLUR, Harley Road Glide ST & FXFBS
Occupation
Explosives.
Legitimate use No 1. 40L 12v fridge.
In Australia most off-road guys carry a fridge. I’ve always had one in my JK and had to drill and bolt a hook to tie the fridge down. A loaded fridge may weigh 40kgs or more (whatever that is in your measurement) and can quickly become dangerous when off-road and not secured properly.
I would mount the fridge on the opposite side of the sub, adjust the tie down points to either end of the rail and secure the fridge with a twist shackle or similar. Perfect!

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I think I am in the same vote. Been waiting since May 3 and I think this was the major holdup. I wish items under $300 could be cancelled at anytime if they are holding up delivery. On a similar note...

I asked my dealer why they couldn't send me order confirmation or track my order online and their response was "we are not Amazon". What a bullshit excuse. This technology is not complicated or hard. And frankly, everyone should be imitating Amazon in some forms. Jeep dealers are dinosaurs. I do love the product though.
Lol...and yet...they managed to piece together a wrangler from 1,000 or someodd parts.

But that ONE thing you special ordered would totally break the system, man!

I guess if you wanted free overnight shipping for the wrangler his Amazon analogy would be apt...

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
Went to the dealership today and tried to order the Trail rails.....not available.

But....

There are accessories that you can buy....I did not check them out though.

Doc

Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Legitimate use No 1. 40L 12v fridge.
In Australia most off-road guys carry a fridge. I’ve always had one in my JK and had to drill and bolt a hook to tie the fridge down. A loaded fridge may weigh 40kgs or more (whatever that is in your measurement) and can quickly become dangerous when off-road and not secured properly.
I would mount the fridge on the opposite side of the sub, adjust the tie down points to either end of the rail and secure the fridge with a twist shackle or similar. Perfect!
The JL has 3 tie downs on each side in the rear.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Yeah, a lotta different ways of securing "LOOSE" stuff in your cargo area, that's why I mentioned RAINGLER NETS-

They come in many sizes and can all be SIZE adjusted--another MFG is "EXTREME TERRAIN", they make a multitude of different size nets for just about ALL NEEDS-

Checkemout

W.E.

JIMBO

Phynal

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU HR
On the build site, they still have the original system pictured. I wonder what the differences are? The old one seems a bit less cheap looking to me.
2018-07-12.jpg

AJ CJ5

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 CJ5, 2020 JLUR, Harley Road Glide ST & FXFBS
Occupation
Explosives.

Sponsored

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
Even better. Looks like they are removable also as there is only 2 per side in the original post.
I may be wrong but looking at the schematics at the dealership....you may have to remove the rail to take the cargo points out.

Doc

Chinarider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Sahara, 2018 JLU Rubicon,
After a 4 month wait, I finally took delivery of my JLUR today. Very stoked, but a bit confused about the TRMS & hoping to get some additional information/confirmation here from others with this option.

So, mine came with the two rails on the cargo floor, the one rail on the tailgate, the rubber trunk mat & 6 small sliders that were stashed in the glovebox. What it did NOT have is the "slider bar" shown in that illustration.

I'm assuming this may have been an early concept/illustration, and the production version does not have the slider bar? Hoping to confirm that this is the case & that I'm not missing anything here?

Thanks

IMG_2360.PNG

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
Lol...and yet...they managed to piece together a wrangler from 1,000 or someodd parts.

But that ONE thing you special ordered would totally break the system, man!

I guess if you wanted free overnight shipping for the wrangler his Amazon analogy would be apt...
Amazon, only ships quickly if something is in stock, otherwise it notes the item is back ordered. It’s a distribution business. FCA is designing and assembling an automobile and is gated by the suppliers who manufacture the components. These are two very different business models. That said, they could or should do a better job of notifying consumers of the lead times, during configuration, of their available options.

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
After a 4 month wait, I finally took delivery of my JLUR today. Very stoked, but a bit confused about the TRMS & hoping to get some additional information/confirmation here from others with this option.

So, mine came with the two rails on the cargo floor, the one rail on the tailgate, the rubber trunk mat & 6 small sliders that were stashed in the glovebox. What it did NOT have is the "slider bar" shown in that illustration.

I'm assuming this may have been an early concept/illustration, and the production version does not have the slider bar? Hoping to confirm that this is the case & that I'm not missing anything here?

Thanks

IMG_2360.PNG
It is my understanding that the Trail Rail system only comes with the adjustable cargo points....the other accessories will come later.

Amazon, only ships quickly if something is in stock, otherwise it notes the item is back ordered. It’s a distribution business. FCA is designing and assembling an automobile and is gated by the suppliers who manufacture the components. These are two very different business models. That said, they could or should do a better job of notifying consumers of the lead times, during configuration, of their available options.
Amazon is an amazing entity and they do what they do well....unfortunately, they have also set the bar higher than any other regular business can achieve. Its amazing how customers can have that same expectation of "free 2 day shipping" and free returns from small businesses. Customers have grown to expect at least 3 emails confirming and shipping and tracking of their order (and withing 2 hours of ordering). It's crazy that a confirmation of the order shipping and a tracking number from UPS is not enough. I don't care if the order has been acknowledged and is heading to processing and was packed by Mary etc.

While I find it slightly annoying that FCA did not allow me to access or predict when my Jeep would arrive at the dealership (only because I was making a 4 hour drive to go get it). Its not that big of a deal. Holding back a delivery because of an added on accessory that could easily be sent later.....that's BS though.

Doc

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2014 Roadster 981S, 2009 CLK350 AMG/coupe
On the build site, they still have the original system pictured. I wonder what the differences are? The old one seems a bit less cheap looking to me.
2018-07-12.jpg
If you think about what is shown, the D-rings anchor points would be transverse to the tension force when used. That means one side of the anchor point would be under more strain then the other. What we see now are the D-rings aligned properly when tethering across the bed.
My guess.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.