Sponsored

TRMS (Trail Rail Management System) finally arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
So how does it work? Did it come with that cargo mat?
Push the button in the middle of the tie downs and it will slide back and forth on the track, release and it locks on the tracks. It does come with the mat shown. One side is carpet, the other is plastic (as shown) I put the carpet side down so it doesn't slide around

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Push the button in the middle of the tie downs and it will slide back and forth on the track, release and it locks on the tracks. It does come with the mat shown. One side is carpet, the other is plastic (as shown) I put the carpet side down so it doesn't slide around
Oh, and the chrome loops on slide locks raise and lower to attach straps etc. to

OTGAuGres

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Rubicon
Ordered TRMS on mine too. It arrived at my dealership this afternoon. Can’t wait to take delivery. Hopefully in the morning!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Ordered TRMS on mine too. It arrived at my dealership this afternoon. Can’t wait to take delivery. Hopefully in the morning!
It was funny, the tech doing the PDI had no idea what the slide loops were or how to attach them as they had never seen them before, so I figured it out, pretty simple .. push the middle button down and slide them in from the front of the rails in the bed and on the left side of the tail gate

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Push the button in the middle of the tie downs and it will slide back and forth on the track, release and it locks on the tracks. It does come with the mat shown. One side is carpet, the other is plastic (as shown) I put the carpet side down so it doesn't slide around. Oh, and the chrome loops on slide locks raise and lower to attach straps etc. to
Pretty cool!

It was funny, the tech doing the PDI had no idea what the slide loops were or how to attach them as they had never seen them before, so I figured it out, pretty simple .. push the middle button down and slide them in from the front of the rails in the bed and on the left side of the tail gate
So the rails go to the end of the bed? Does it look like a difficult aftermarket install?

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Pretty cool!

So the rails go to the end of the bed? Does it look like a difficult aftermarket install?
Rail pretty much go too the end of the bed where the back seat folds. I think that eventually they will have these available thru Mopar. I think that there is/was a supplier issue as the tie downs look different from any preproduction pics that I have seen

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rail pretty much go too the end of the bed where the back seat folds. I think that eventually they will have these available thru Mopar. I think that there is/was a supplier issue as the tie downs look different from any preproduction pics that I have seen
Yeah, it does look different:
adjust-trail-rail-system.jpg

Do they still lock like that?

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Yeah, it does look different:
adjust-trail-rail-system.jpg

Do they still lock like that?
Nope, no cross bars, no key locks. but they do click into place on the rails

Sponsored

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
Anyone have a link to where this can be purchased? I've had no luck finding it online....checking the jeep dealer today to see if they can order me one.

Doc

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
That is correct. I have a friend that works for a supplier that supplied some of those parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.