Sponsored

Trips and Tricks when getting Halo LED Headlights: Don't make the mistakes I made

TYHUM

First Name
Flocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Most full assemblies for halo headlights have extra-bright LED-specific projectors for the actual headlight, while an array of LED diodes illuminate the halos for a distinct light signature at night. You still need to see at night, and our halo headlights give outstanding night vision for any compatible vehicle, whether you want a color-changing RGB halo, a switchback halo with white and amber, or a halo lamp that will catch everyone's attention at the car meet.

Check that the headlights you purchase are suitable with your car. Although some headlights are universal, it is crucial to consult your owner's handbook to ensure you are purchasing the correct fit.
To avoid blinding other drivers, ensure sure your headlights are pointing slightly downwards while aligning them.
Because headlight rules differ from state to state, be sure the headlamps you buy conform with the regulations in your area to prevent problems with the authorities.
Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
I'm thinking of getting halo's eventually (Towards the end of my list of planned mods at the moment). For clarification, what was the mistake you made (so I can avoid it)?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The internet is filled with stories from JL owners trying to retrofit LEDs.

Depending on your model year, you are likely to encounter 101 different electronic gremlins; no matter if you get Mopar or aftermarket.

2021+ JLs appear to be more problematic than 2018-2020.

And you will find that once everything is said and done, you will have spent the same amount of money, or perhaps more.

If you want LEDs and halos, just get them installed at factory if you can: the Jeep will be fully warrantied, and you will save yourself all the ensuing aggravation.
Sponsored