Sponsored

Trip from Texas to Durango in mid June **advice needed imogene pass**

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
Hello everyone

So I am taking the family to Durango for a week trip and one of those days is a daddy day to go hit immogene pass and possibly yankee, I will be alone on these trails (considering a winch setup and other recovery gear and alone meaning just one Jeep) anything I should look out for or advice on another trail I can take? Also what are the best entry points I could use for these trails? Also any advice to make the trip as smooth as possible. I have a 2021 jlur with a 2.5 inch lift by that point. Thank you in advance
Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Mid-June snowpack might be the only concern. We didn't have a real heavy winter, though. The only reason you'd need a winch is if you get yourself buried in a remaining snow drift.

I'm basically in Durango, PM me if you run into troubles or need help after hours for random mechanical issues, but nothing in the San Juans will challenge a mildly lifted JL(U)

OP
OP

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
Mid-June snowpack might be the only concern. We didn't have a real heavy winter, though. The only reason you'd need a winch is if you get yourself buried in a remaining snow drift.

I'm basically in Durango, PM me if you run into troubles or need help after hours for random mechanical issues, but nothing in the San Juans will challenge a mildly lifted JL(U)
thank you and appreciate the hospitality and the backup, that’s really awesome.

MtnJeep

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Rubicon 2 door 6 speed
I live in Ridgway. It is rare to be able to complete Imogene before the end of June. There is more snowpack than people realize. I am still snowmobiling across the valley from there on 5-6 feet of snow. Riding again today in fact. The crews are out on the trails with the dozers but over the top of Imogene is one of the last they get open. You will have no problem in your Jeep and if last season was any indication there will be hundreds of people around should you have an issue. I like starting on the Ouray side, ending in Telluride then looping back over Ophir to Hwy 550.

Buckzona

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU
I'll be doing the same with my family in mid-June so this post is timely. Thanks for doing so and for the guidance provided by the local Jeep owners. However, we plan to be going from Ouray to Telluride via Imogene Pass, so I hope the trail is open by then. Also, if you've not done so, check out www.jeeptheusa.com for great trail descriptions and pics. Happy Jeeping everyone!
Sponsored