Trim Covers

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
So has anyone gotten these (or similar) trim covers?
Jeep Wrangler JL Trim Covers 1610639119235

https://www.amazon.com/RT-TCZ-Wrang...g+(Yellow)&qid=1610639224&s=automotive&sr=1-1

I might like to add a little splash of color here and there in the interior and these would be something really easy to undo later (or sooner if I decide I don't like it). Just curious as they look decent in the photos but there are very few reviews (one) and I fear they could look really cheap/bad and/or the yellow not be even close to the correct shade. And I guess a second question would be will these work with the Alpine premium speakers?

Would I be better off removing parts and just painting them?
Sponsored

Zukoda

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Interesting... The only thing I'd be leery of is they are held in place with tape. The Amazon description states "(Do a little cleaning and heat the tape a little before installation will help the cover stick in place better)" which leads me to think they may have already had issues with them staying on...

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
These all screw right off if I'm correct and would be really easy to hit with paint matched aerosol
Dash covers pry off with a trim tool. Roll bar covers have 4 screws. Used aerosol primer, color matched spray can, clear coat. Easy peasy.

Sponsored

SmilesPerGallon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport, 2021 JLU Sport
Dash covers pry off with a trim tool. Roll bar covers have 4 screws. Used aerosol primer, color matched spray can, clear coat. Easy peasy.
Plan on doing mine as well but I think I want to do the dash as well. I'm not sure yet as too much red inside and it'll look tacky. Firecracker red is a vibrant color

OP
OP
MrGneissGuy

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport

NickTinVA

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
I just did this instead of working directly on the factory dash - thought I'd share. The trim kit I got was red, but I sanded and painted with Krylon ColorMaxx Gloss Navy Blue, then a few costs of Clear.

Before:
Jeep Wrangler JL Trim Covers 20210117_115535

After:
Jeep Wrangler JL Trim Covers 20210117_123442

The color saturation is a bit off on the camera. The blue is a dark navy, and the knobs aren't anywhere near that red, but you get the idea.

Cheers - Nick
Sponsored