First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

New upgrade for the Jeep JLUR! Trigger Switches. What do you all think of them, what switches do you all use, other than the Mopar factory switches?
Sponsored

Sierra

First Name
Sierra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
link.sierrar.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2015 BMW 328i F30
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
eCommerce Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I wish to install directly to battery both red and white cables. Will it drain battery? I need to be able to turn on some lights even with jeep totally off. Any experience?

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
How are you liking it so far? I've heard great and not so great things. Some people saying their electronics would randomly turn on since its wireless and it was picking up interference from other wireless signals.

Sponsored

Sierra

First Name
Sierra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
link.sierrar.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2015 BMW 328i F30
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
eCommerce Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Thats a good point. I'll have to pass a cable thought firewall to install a switch on the glove box but I'll lost the point to buy a wireless system :asshat:

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
How are you liking it so far? I've heard great and not so great things. Some people saying their electronics would randomly turn on since its wireless and it was picking up interference from other wireless signals.
I really like it. I have had no issues. There is a way to change the frequency on it so other devices don't interfere. I have it all default, minus my password.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I wish to install directly to battery both red and white cables. Will it drain battery? I need to be able to turn on some lights even with jeep totally off. Any experience?
Are you referring to the yellow ignition wire? I don't know how much it would draw staying on. You can try it out and see. Best bet would be adding a @Genesis Offroad duel battery system. Then you wont ever drain your starter battery. I plan to eventually add that myself.

jchaisson

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
I just installed mine but it doesn't seem like the switch box is getting power when plugged in. Are the batteries supposed to stay in the switch box or not? When they are it works ok but I'm not getting any of the backlighting. Anyone have any ideas?

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I just installed mine but it doesn't seem like the switch box is getting power when plugged in. Are the batteries supposed to stay in the switch box or not? When they are it works ok but I'm not getting any of the backlighting. Anyone have any ideas?
The switch needs to be hard wired for the back lights to work. You wont need the batteries either if it is hard wired. I have mine hooked up so that the switches and back lights only come on when the jeep is on. If you did hard wire it and its not working, I would check your connections and make sure you have voltage when the jeep is on.

Sponsored

jchaisson

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
The switch needs to be hard wired for the back lights to work. You wont need the batteries either if it is hard wired. I have mine hooked up so that the switches and back lights only come on when the jeep is on. If you did hard wire it and its not working, I would check your connections and make sure you have voltage when the jeep is on.
Looks like I have a bad remote. I'm getting power to the mount. I've checked it with a test light. And the remote works fine with the batteries in

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Looks like I have a bad remote. I'm getting power to the mount. I've checked it with a test light. And the remote works fine with the batteries in
Oh man that sucks. At least you got it figured out. They should be able to get you a replacement.
Sponsored