Sponsored

Trepador Radial vs Trepador Bias Ply Wear

HackedJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hey guys!

I have my JL almost slapped together but I wanted to ask if any of you have Maxxis Trepador Experience in Radial and/or Bias Ply

I'm looking to get 7-10k miles out of them atleast, but I am not entirely sure the Bias Ply will make it that long. Jeep isn't on a trailer but it's not my daily. I just drive to the trails with it. These are not the competition compound either.

Typical terrain is Socal high traction rocks vs wet east coast slabs. I Plan on a Moab trip and a Colorado trip on the same set of tires too before swapping them out.

The Bias Ply looks like it will be done in 5k miles, who has some personal experience? Attached are both tires in 37s sitting in the garage. Look small, 40s next round for sure..

IMG_20200305_093338.jpg

IMG_20200206_115210.jpg

IMG_20200305_093346.jpg
Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
No personal experience but if I were buying for trail use, it would be the bias Treps. I’ve been eyeing them for a while now. Love them. Bias are some tough tires. I might just run a set for summer.

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
I have a set in the shop, these have about 20k on them. Got them for free, in exchange for some work, from a guy who couldn't deal with the flat spotting. I wheeled with them once or twice before deciding they are probably the worst tires I've ever ran, so I put them on a different truck that only sees pavement.

I'm not sure from your post if you already bought the tires, and are just asking about mileage? If so, yea they will last a while on the street. If you haven't bought them yet, I can tell you what I think and make some other recommendations.

trep.jpg

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a set in the shop, these have about 20k on them. Got them for free, in exchange for some work, from a guy who couldn't deal with the flat spotting. I wheeled with them once or twice before deciding they are probably the worst tires I've ever ran, so I put them on a different truck that only sees pavement.

I'm not sure from your post if you already bought the tires, and are just asking about mileage? If so, yea they will last a while on the street. If you haven't bought them yet, I can tell you what I think and make some other recommendations.

trep.jpg
Wow those things look like there is no more tread left. Good to know since i was looking at a set of bias ply's. What would you recommend out of curiousity?

OP
OP
HackedJL

HackedJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

trep.jpg
I actually have a set of both. So it's a tough choice lol Feeling I should've stuck to old faithful Goodyear MTRs. Will sell one once I decide, going 40s for sure after this

I don't wheel crazy but I enjoy Wheeling hard. Few tanks of gas type of trips with plenty of climbing/loss of traction so tires get thrashed pretty fast. My Goodyear MTRs usually last 15k~ before I prefer not to go offroad again with them for safety reasons lol

I'll bite the bullet and do Bias ply and come back with some reviews. It's a fantastic looking tire, but that tread pattern and center wear is what's concerning me. Don't want it to be a type of tire that's wasted off-road at 50%~ tread or lower. Too expensive and heavy of a tire which carries its own burdens for that.

What tire are you running now?

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
I actually have a set of both. So it's a tough choice lol Feeling I should've stuck to old faithful Goodyear MTRs. Will sell one once I decide, going 40s for sure after this

I don't wheel crazy but I enjoy Wheeling hard. Few tanks of gas type of trips with plenty of climbing/loss of traction so tires get thrashed pretty fast. My Goodyear MTRs usually last 15k~ before I prefer not to go offroad again with them for safety reasons lol

I'll bite the bullet and do Bias ply and come back with some reviews. It's a fantastic looking tire, but that tread pattern and center wear is what's concerning me. Don't want it to be a type of tire that's wasted off-road at 50%~ tread or lower. Too expensive and heavy of a tire which carries its own burdens for that.

What tire are you running now?
If you already have both sets I would run the bias and sell the radial. If for no other reason, nobody wants bias non-sticky treps. That’s why I still have these and ran them, I couldn’t get rid of them. The radials should be a lot easier to sell.

If I was in your shoes I would run krawler blues, pitbull rocker radials, or irok radials, maybe check those out in the future.
Sponsored