Sponsored

Trektop NX is just not good at speeds over 65.....

steelchair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
the vibration and "flapping" with the back window is not annoying....it's maddening!!! I've read every post I can find, checked the install multiple times and I cannot make it stop...unless I roll the windows down. At that point it's much better, but, it's still there.

I made it through the directions (watched the Youtube), I think it looks great, no real complaints about the function (at least only minor)...but, the flapping is just unbearable!

I highly recommend, if you get this top, not driving over 60mph.
Sponsored

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
My hasn’t has a flapping issue up to 75 or so
except when directly behind a semi. Then it causes the top to flap a bit rattling the framing for the sun rider. Easily fixed by backing off the truck.
Sounds like extra slack or something in your rear window.

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
so you have the sailcloth or the twill?

OP
OP
steelchair

steelchair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I'm not sure what mine is, it's the cheaper one. Guessing that's sailcloth.

Sponsored

OP
OP
steelchair

steelchair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I'm really surprised there is no comment from BesTOP on this? Surely, someone has a solution to this issue?

Poromenos

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
They've been getting beat up over on their official Trektop NX thread for this very same issue, probably why they aren't responding here. They're standard response is pretty much always that they stand behind their product and to call them for a fix. Good luck.

Milk Money

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S (previously 2008 JKU Sahara, 1998 TJ Sport)
Occupation
Engineer at GM
Vehicle Showcase
I drive around 80mph daily to work. No issues with flapping in any configuration (all closed, sunrider open, rear windows out, any windows open or closed) There is likely something different between different Trektop's out there. Not sure what that difference is...
the vibration and "flapping" with the back window is not annoying....it's maddening!!! I've read every post I can find, checked the install multiple times and I cannot make it stop...unless I roll the windows down. At that point it's much better, but, it's still there.

I made it through the directions (watched the Youtube), I think it looks great, no real complaints about the function (at least only minor)...but, the flapping is just unbearable!

OP
OP
steelchair

steelchair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I drive around 80mph daily to work. No issues with flapping in any configuration (all closed, sunrider open, rear windows out, any windows open or closed) There is likely something different between different Trektop's out there. Not sure what that difference is...
Interesting....I can't imagine what the difference is? The bar that goes across the rear gate must have something to do with it.

mtristi37

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering Student
I'm really surprised there is no comment from BesTOP on this? Surely, someone has a solution to this issue?
This is a known its with the JL treetop, reach out to best top, I have an approximate 1/4" gap between the tailgate and windows bar, they are sending me replacement parts

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

Do you have the revised rear tailgate bar or do you have the original one with a gap?

I originally had the gap and no flapping between 65 and 80 mph on the highway; but the gap caused a concern as water could likely get in.

They sent me the revised tailgate bar and seal and now no gap, it seals well, but the rear window flaps at 65mph and above.

I suspect the gap allows air to exit to prevent the flapping; but once resolved to seal it up tightly you get the flapping.

If I flip the tailgate bar up to not be locked in it also stops the flapping.

Bestop support has been lackluster at best. I would not buy anything from them as the quality and support is just not where it needs to be.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
This is a known its with the JL treetop, reach out to best top, I have an approximate 1/4" gap between the tailgate and windows bar, they are sending me replacement parts
Let me know if once replaced you get flapping. I did not have it with the gap but once the new tailgate bar to resolve that the flapping started.

OP
OP
steelchair

steelchair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Do you have the revised rear tailgate bar or do you have the original one with a gap?

I originally had the gap and no flapping between 65 and 80 mph on the highway; but the gap caused a concern as water could likely get in.

They sent me the revised tailgate bar and seal and now no gap, it seals well, but the rear window flaps at 65mph and above.

I suspect the gap allows air to exit to prevent the flapping; but once resolved to seal it up tightly you get the flapping.

If I flip the tailgate bar up to not be locked in it also stops the flapping.

Bestop support has been lackluster at best. I would not buy anything from them as the quality and support is just not where it needs to be.
I have talked to Bestop and they are sending the new "Kit"...or, at least they say they are. Spoke with them two weeks ago and haven't seen anything yet. I'll keep you posted and thanks for the comments.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I have talked to Bestop and they are sending the new "Kit"...or, at least they say they are. Spoke with them two weeks ago and haven't seen anything yet. I'll keep you posted and thanks for the comments.
Thanks let me know if it works.....

mtristi37

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering Student
Let me know if once replaced you get flapping. I did not have it with the gap but once the new tailgate bar to resolve that the flapping started.
I have received the replacement bar, so far so good, have had her around 65 - 70 and no flapping yet, IF it occurs again ill let you know
Sponsored