Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
First post,
I will be outlining the general mods I've already done and will slowly add more in-depth descriptions of those mods as time proceeds. I will be posting more in depth thoughts on future mods I will be doing, and the processes of getting them done as I complete them.

My Wrangler is a 2021 Willys Sport EcoDiesel. I have manual windows, manual locks, and at the moment no soft top (It's tied up in my garage ;)).

My end goal for my Wrangler is to have a rhino lined black interior, five-point harnesses on four bucket seats, a 4-in lift with at least for the moment maximum 35-in tires. I already have Icon Rebound Pro DOT approved beadlock rims. In the years to come I will redo my exterior paint in a Kevlar coating, I'm still a little undecided on the color I'll choose but will probably stick with a color similar to the Sarge green I already. have. Bushwacker fender flares.

The look I hope to have for my Wrangler will be more along the mainstream look of modded Wranglers. But the process I will take to get there is going to be a winding road of weird stuff coupled with functional mods.

At current this is how my Wrangler sits.

Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time IMG_20221226_082011515

Icon Rebound pros sitting on OEM destination MT 32-in tires. Soft top removed. 5 gallon fuel tank holder on driver side fender. Vehicle name "TREDSDERT" vinyl on hood. Aluminum curtain rod painted and placed in spot of front fender flares.

Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time IMG_20221226_082020398

"Si Se Puede" mirrored vinyl placed on front window, so that drivers in front can legibly read it in their rearview mirror. Steel rounds screwed into the aluminum hood to allow placement of interchangeable magnetic accessories. Orange "remember to close your hood strap" because I keep forgetting to latch my hood and have dented it in twice. Rough Country tubular front bumper installed. LED headlight upgrade. Trimming and very rough rigging of front fender liners.

Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time IMG_20221226_082031282

Custom hood emblem, derived from old steel license plate frame, which I painted gold. Removal of the hood latch to fit a compressor, number one reason why my hood keeps flying up. :LOL: Dixie Horn jury-rigged in front grill. (This one is so much fun, probably my favorite mod yet)

Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time IMG_20221226_082042832

Front Passenger side door is going to become my sticker panel.

Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time IMG_20221226_082054938

Tailgate removed. Third brake light relocated to top rear cross pillar on the roll cage. OEM front bumper trimmed and painted (red) and attached in place of the rear bumper. Holiday truck nuts. Halloween skeleton will act as a Jeep toy that I can dress up for holidays. Lots of projects to be had back here.

Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time IMG_20221226_082103716

Rear seats and carpets removed. A bunch of bolts were painted gold at some point, though they don't pop as much as I was hoping. Light bar that came with the front bumper was placed back here for lack of a better location, at the moment it doesn't really serve any purpose other than to blind tailgaters (which I don't do because that's illegal ;)) Projects for this spring will involve a rear seat bracket and then two waterproof folding seats with lap belts.

As with all Jeeps, they leak a little, mine leaks a lot, waterproof container screwed to the floor to hold waterproof gear and a small amount of emergency items.

Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time IMG_20221226_082110275

Custom made Polycarbonate semi-watertight roof panel, with 5% ceramic tint underneath. This project took me about 5 months of R&D, and about 15 holes drilled in the roll cage. Honestly my favorite mod I've installed, total cost was just under $250. It gives me that freedom feel I want and still a decent level of protection from the elements.

Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time IMG_20221226_082131235

Here's a photo of what it looks like from the inside looking out.

Looking forward to this thread, hope y'all will enjoy it as much as I enjoy putting together these crazy projects. :rock:
Sponsored

Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Well, alrighty then.

Integron

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
First post,
I will be outlining the general mods I've already done and will slowly add more in-depth descriptions of those mods as time proceeds. I will be posting more in depth thoughts on future mods I will be doing, and the processes of getting them done as I complete them.

My Wrangler is a 2021 Willys Sport EcoDiesel. I have manual windows, manual locks, and at the moment no soft top (It's tied up in my garage ;)).

My end goal for my Wrangler is to have a rhino lined black interior, five-point harnesses on four bucket seats, a 4-in lift with at least for the moment maximum 35-in tires. I already have Icon Rebound Pro DOT approved beadlock rims. In the years to come I will redo my exterior paint in a Kevlar coating, I'm still a little undecided on the color I'll choose but will probably stick with a color similar to the Sarge green I already. have. Bushwacker fender flares.

The look I hope to have for my Wrangler will be more along the mainstream look of modded Wranglers. But the process I will take to get there is going to be a winding road of weird stuff coupled with functional mods.

Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time 1672067677918

Icon Rebound pros sitting on OEM destination MT 32-in tires. Soft top removed. 5 gallon fuel tank holder on driver side fender. Vehicle name "TREDSDERT" vinyl on hood. Aluminum curtain rod painted and placed in spot of front fender flares.

Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time 1672067677918

"Si Se Puede" mirrored vinyl placed on front window, so that drivers in front can legibly read it in their rearview mirror. Steel rounds screwed into the aluminum hood to allow placement of interchangeable magnetic accessories. Orange "remember to close your hood strap" because I keep forgetting to latch my hood and have dented it in twice. Rough Country tubular front bumper installed. LED headlight upgrade. Trimming and very rough rigging of front fender liners.

Custom hood emblem, derived from old steel license plate frame, which I painted gold. Removal of the hood latch to fit a compressor, number one reason why my hood keeps flying up. :LOL: Dixie Horn jury-rigged in front grill. (This one is so much fun, probably my favorite mod yet)

Tailgate removed. Third brake light relocated to top rear cross pillar on the roll cage. OEM front bumper trimmed and painted (red) and attached in place of the rear bumper. Holiday truck nuts. Halloween skeleton will act as a Jeep toy that I can dress up for holidays. Lots of projects to be had back here.

Rear seats and carpets removed. A bunch of bolts were painted gold at some point, though they don't pop as much as I was hoping. Light bar that came with the front bumper was placed back here for lack of a better location, at the moment it doesn't really serve any purpose other than to blind tailgaters (which I don't do because that's illegal ;)) Projects for this spring will involve a rear seat bracket and then two waterproof folding seats with lap belts.

As with all Jeeps, they leak a little, mine leaks a lot, waterproof container screwed to the floor to hold waterproof gear and a small amount of emergency items.

Custom made Polycarbonate semi-watertight roof panel, with 5% ceramic tint underneath. This project took me about 5 months of R&D, and about 15 holes drilled in the roll cage. Honestly my favorite mod I've installed, total cost was just under $250. It gives me that freedom feel I want and still a decent level of protection from the elements.

Looking forward to this thread, hope y'all will enjoy it as much as I enjoy putting together these crazy projects. :rock:
Thinking of the name for your Jeep, I like the spin off name of "Tread Sport".

Sponsored

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
I got a good laugh out of it, but if it makes you happy then that is all that matters! I would wheel with you!

OP
OP
Tredsdert

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Thinking of the name for your Jeep, I like the spin off name of "Tread Sport".
Don't tell anybody this ;) , but I actually didn't create the TREDSDERT name. When the internet was new, in the early '90s. Back when everybody had dial up internet, My brother would frequent car forums. There was a guy on one of those forums who used the name Tredsdert. Somehow I always remembered it, I thought it was really cool. At a certain point when I started getting interested in off-road vehicles. I decided I would want to use this name. I actually did a fair amount of effort trying to find the original user of this name, to ask them if they minded if I used it, mostly out of respect to the creator. But I guess a little more than 20 years later, they are no more on the internet. At least not under that username. So I adapted it to become my own.
Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time IMG_20221126_080404530

I have the license plate to boot. It's currently on my wife Subaru, but I will be transferring it to my Wrangler later this year before renewal.

Mtrctylarry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
First post,

Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time IMG_20221126_080404530

Great stuff...Love it! Just how much of the product you deliver actually gets to the destination...Cheers :) Happy New Year!!!
Sponsored