Tread Lightly

tkraesig

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU & 2021 JT
We're considering doing Tread Lighty this Sunday, anyone going? we'd like to join in with others!
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
We're considering doing Tread Lighty this Sunday, anyone going? we'd like to join in with others!
Can’t make it this weekend. Just be careful which trails you go on, they’re very tight and will scratch the crap out of your rig. Unless you have some sort of protection then I’d stay on the main roads. We’ve seen rigs with Saran Wrap, bed liner, and all kinds of crazy stuff. You can get the badge just by showing up there if that’s what your after. We just went up and took photo in front of the bombing range, got our badge then went to withlacoochee forest to wheel........

Jeep Wrangler JL Tread Lightly 16C306AB-8C85-4259-AE88-0A120C258EF1

OP
OP

tkraesig

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU & 2021 JT
Can’t make it this weekend. Just be careful which trails you go on, they’re very tight and will scratch the crap out of your rig. Unless you have some sort of protection then I’d stay on the main roads. We’ve seen rigs with Saran Wrap, bed liner, and all kinds of crazy stuff. You can get the badge just by showing up there if that’s what your after. We just went up and took photo in front of the bombing range, got our badge then went to withlacoochee forest to wheel........

Jeep Wrangler JL Tread Lightly 16C306AB-8C85-4259-AE88-0A120C258EF1
From what I've found it looks like the southern portion is not as bad, is that right?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
From what I've found it looks like the southern portion is not as bad, is that right?
It depends on the trail, there is tight trails everywhere, just saying be careful. A trail will look ok, and you’ll get in a couple hundred yards and it will close in on you, almost impossible to turn around on these types of trails, have to back out. I don’t want to discourage you, all I’m saying is be careful. We’ve been in there several times, and to me it’s just not worth getting scratched up just to go down a sugar sand trail with no obstacles what so ever. Other than the loose sand you can traverse the whole thing in 2 wd. Just my .02..... good luck.

OP
OP

tkraesig

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU & 2021 JT
It depends on the trail, there is tight trails everywhere, just saying be careful. A trail will look ok, and you’ll get in a couple hundred yards and it will close in on you, almost impossible to turn around on these types of trails, have to back out. I don’t want to discourage you, all I’m saying is be careful. We’ve been in there several times, and to me it’s just not worth getting scratched up just to go down a sugar sand trail with no obstacles what so ever. Other than the loose sand you can traverse the whole thing in 2 wd. Just my .02..... good luck.
So heeding your caution, what would be the better way to come in the south portion to get near the bombing range? North side or south side?

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So heeding your caution, what would be the better way to come in the south portion to get near the bombing range? North side or south side?
Yes, the south end is a little better. And you’ll be fine on all the main drags throughout the forest, it’s just the little offshoots you got to be careful in.

OP
OP

tkraesig

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU & 2021 JT
Yes, the south end is a little better. And you’ll be fine on all the main drags throughout the forest, it’s just the little offshoots you got to be careful in.
Thanks! I really appreciate your help!