Sting Ray Rubi

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Sting Gray, 2018 Honda Accord
Vehicle Showcase
Hello jeepers. 1st time posting but long time lurker.
First a little background.
I had a 12' JKU Sahara but lost my job and couldn't afford it any longer. I always wanted a Rubi, and just love the new JL's, so I have been checking around with a couple dealers that you all have had good experiences with.
Thanks by the way for all the input. Very helpful.
Anyways, I had 1 dealer tell me that the Tread Lightly Discount was no longer available as of February, and that he contacted FCA to verify. Does anyone know if this is true?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sting Ray Rubi

Sting Ray Rubi

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, that is what I figured.

I just don't understand what the advantage would be to telling me it no longer is available, unless they have extra codes and could recoup some of their money without giving me an extra discount.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Thanks, that is what I figured.

I just don't understand what the advantage would be to telling me it no longer is available, unless they have extra codes and could recoup some of their money without giving me an extra discount.
Dealers...

are...

Stoopid.

(BTW: it's Sting Gray...unless you're naming it Ray ;))

Sponsored

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Any decent dealer should be able to match the tread lightly price. Most should do better than that. Shouldn't even need the program.

OP
OP
Sting Ray Rubi

Sting Ray Rubi

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Any decent dealer should be able to match the tread lightly price. Most should do better than that. Shouldn't even need the program.

Yeah he was at 5% under invoice. I was trying to get lower with TL. It's ok, another dealer has already offered 6% under with tread , then another 1% if I finance with them, and a lower doc fee. They are just further away

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Yeah he was at 5% under invoice. I was trying to get lower with TL. It's ok, another dealer has already offered 6% under with tread , then another 1% if I finance with them, and a lower doc fee. They are just further away
I should say, I assumed they wouldn't add the TL discount on top. That's a solid deal you found though.

OP
OP
Sting Ray Rubi

Sting Ray Rubi

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I should say, I assumed they wouldn't add the TL discount on top. That's a solid deal you found though.
Yeah, I just need to wait til Saturday when he's back at the dealership to get all specifics. Hopefully I will be ordering a sting grey rubi .
It is Travis from Tri city in Eden, NC.
Found him in the dealer preferred list. That has been very helpful, and I thank everyone who helped to put it together.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
So if your handle is "Jeep Smash", does that mean your Jeep is Hulk Green?
Sponsored