Tread Lightly Discount after 30 days?

mschlott

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Oct 2, 2019
Messages
45
Reaction score
5
Location
Plano, Texas
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2003 Chevrolet 1500HD, 2013 Hyunday Azera
The wording on the Tread Lightly site says this...
"Please note that according to FCA US policy, you must be an individual $100 member for at least 30 days to qualify for the FCA US Affiliate Rewards new vehicle discount and you must provide a copy of you membership letter to your dealer in order to use the discount. "
I'm thinking about making a deal in the next 4 days. I have seen posts here that look like others have used their member number within days of getting it for a discount. Can anyone confirm that they have gotten the discount on purchase of in stock inventory with Tread Lightly almost immediately after signing up?





Advertisement

 

Chocolate Thunder

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2018
Messages
3,225
Reaction score
4,467
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The 30 days is definite. If you are ordering it’ll likely be more than 30 days before your Jeep arrives and the sale is actually completed. If you’re buying off the lot, membership has to be in effect at least 30 days.
 

Melny67

Well-Known Member
First Name
Melvin
Joined
Oct 8, 2019
Messages
295
Reaction score
171
Location
Staten island
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
You can always tell the dealership that you are waiting. They can sometimes just give you the discount anyway without it. Just be aware they don't move that price somewhere else.
 

viper88

Well-Known Member
First Name
Nick
Joined
Apr 22, 2018
Messages
3,195
Reaction score
2,944
Location
IL
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T
You can always tell the dealership that you are waiting. They can sometimes just give you the discount anyway without it. Just be aware they don't move that price somewhere else.
It does not matter when you order. You do not have to have the letter to order. You just have to provide the letter from TL showing membership for 30 days when you actually take delivery and do the paperwork.

I don't know about getting the discount without it on a net/net deal? There was probably money left on the table if the dealer gives the discount without the letter. My dealer was very strict about getting the letter stating I was a member for 30 days or more at delivery and closing. I ordered but pricing was contingent on me being a member for 30 days or more at delivery if I wanted the TL discount. TL is really 2% back. 1% for you and 1% for the dealer. They have to send in a copy to get the 2% back.
 
Last edited:

VolCntry73

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tim
Joined
Jun 7, 2018
Messages
547
Reaction score
750
Location
Knoxville, TN
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
When I ordered in June of 2018, I received the discount and had not been a member for 30 days. The dealer told me that as long as my 30 days had elapsed when I took delivery (I took delivery in Aug), then it was fine. You don't actually sign the papers until then, so...
 

bravelion

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Jan 4, 2020
Messages
75
Reaction score
36
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
Looking at the membership right now. The $100 level says:
"All of the above plus Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, Dodge, SRT, and Fiat Affliate Rewards Program Preferred Price, 1% below factory invoice on purchase or lease of new vehicles."

Words matter, so I'd like to clarify since it doesn't say "addition discount of 1% of invoice price off negotiated price". If i negotiate 5% below invoice, does this serve to provide an automatic additional 1% off, for 6% total below invoice? Or would the dealer say "that's just for 1% below invoice and you're already more than 1% below, so it doesn't reduce the price further".?
 

viper88

Well-Known Member
First Name
Nick
Joined
Apr 22, 2018
Messages
3,195
Reaction score
2,944
Location
IL
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T
Looking at the membership right now. The $100 level says:
"All of the above plus Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, Dodge, SRT, and Fiat Affliate Rewards Program Preferred Price, 1% below factory invoice on purchase or lease of new vehicles."

Words matter, so I'd like to clarify since it doesn't say "addition discount of 1% of invoice price off negotiated price". If i negotiate 5% below invoice, does this serve to provide an automatic additional 1% off, for 6% total below invoice? Or would the dealer say "that's just for 1% below invoice and you're already more than 1% below, so it doesn't reduce the price further".?
TL or any affiliate is a additional 1% of invoice. It's actually 2%. 1% for you and 1% for the dealer. Some dealers have been known to give up their 1% to make a deal. So yes, it's possible for you to get another 2% of invoice after you negotiated 5% under invoice for a total of 7% under invoice.

There are a few other obscure discounts or rebates some people qualify for. Military, direct marketing, are ones that I can think of right off the bat Your dealer will have a list.

You can also get back another $250 by signing up to Bonus Drive after you take delivery. It's actual cash back to you.
 
Last edited:

bravelion

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Jan 4, 2020
Messages
75
Reaction score
36
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
TL or any affiliate is a additional 1% of invoice. It's actually 2%. 1% for you and 1% for the dealer. Some dealers have been known to give up their 1% to make a deal. So yes, it's possible for you to get another 2% of invoice after you negotiated 5% under invoice for a total of 7% under invoice.
Sweet. Thanks.
 

Advertisement




Smart Stop Start
 



Advertisement
Top