Sponsored

Tread lightly affilliate no longer applying to 4xe orders?

doooodo

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jku
Hey there - got a call from my dealer that Tread Lightly / FCA Affiliate is pulling out of 4xe orders. So basically, a 5% below invoice that included 1% for Tread Lightly / FCA Affiliate, is now 4%. Anyone else hearing the same thing?
Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
It hasn't been on the tread lightly list since the beginning. If I remember correctly, someone posted it saying specifically not for 4XE.

Oneilc01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray Turbo
I ordered on 1/9 and specifically said I had the Tread Lightly code and they didn’t say anything to the contrary so I hope this isn’t a new restriction. I just read the terms last night (pic below).
Jeep Wrangler JL Tread lightly affilliate no longer applying to 4xe orders? E60348AD-6F0B-4B4A-8E1A-ACF5E61BC8B7

Last edited:

Sponsored

giraffemode

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sahara, '20 JTR Gator, '21 JLUR4xe Nacho
Occupation
Project Manager
I have one on order, will let you know if I get a call from my dealer, would be ironic if tread lightly was somehow opposed to the affiliate discount on the 4xe. That would be like the American Cancer Society endorsing smoking.
Tread Lightly isn't making the call about how the discount is applied, it's Stellantis (f/k/a FCA). They probably see it as a premium vehicle that you'll pay full price for because you want it, and they know you're getting a fat tax rebate anyway. I get the affiliate discount through my employer, like most of their affiliate network is designed I think. Tread Lightly is just an affiliate you can join without having to change jobs.

My dealer hasn't told me he wouldn't accept my affiliate code, and I've been up front about my intent to use it since I placed my order. This would be the 3rd Jeep I've bought with the program, 2nd with this dealer. I did go ahead and print out my code in case Stellantis decides to end the program now that they have under new corporate leadership.

Willy's Commando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Sport, 2009 Challenger R/T, 2019 Dodge Hellcat, 2019 JLU Rubicon
if you receive the tread Lightly affiliate program discount from your dealership, Jeep won’t by back subsidize the discount.
Jeep Wrangler JL Tread lightly affilliate no longer applying to 4xe orders? 01CD861E-7DDB-4C9A-9FCB-288150FBB9CA

rtk513

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2021 Sahara 4xE
I just ordered today, dealer said Access Fund $50 membership will get me an additional 1% off.

Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered today, dealer said Access Fund $50 membership will get me an additional 1% off.
Per the Access website you need to be a member for 30+ days before the discount. I went ahead and joined as I may have 30 days even with the build in storage. Worse thing that could happen is I deduct the money for tax purposes.

Last edited:

AaronTV

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Per the Access website you need to be a member for 30+ days before the discount. I went ahead and joined as I may have 30 days even with the build in storage. Worse thing that could happen is I deduct the money for tax purposes.
I checked their website and it says the deal is 1% below invoice. But, if your deal is already better than that, does this still do something?

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Generally, it gives you another 1% off your deal.

Oneilc01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray Turbo
I checked their website and it says the deal is 1% below invoice. But, if your deal is already better than that, does this still do something?
Isn’t this the same as Affiliate pricing similar to Treadlightly which based on the pdf is excluding 4xe?

rtk513

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2021 Sahara 4xE
I think you found more than I could lol
I can't find any documentation from AF or Jeep regarding their affiliation, but my dealer explained his kickback. He said I need to be a member for 30 days and then bring in the postcard that they mail to me. I didn't bother to ask about TL

If they don't honor it, I won't sign and they'll be stuck with a rather unique "Daisy Duke" build :)
Jeep Wrangler JL Tread lightly affilliate no longer applying to 4xe orders? 1613487127561

Jeep Wrangler JL Tread lightly affilliate no longer applying to 4xe orders? 1613487337032
Sponsored