First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Like the title suggests, I'm thinking that later this year I might jump in the Jeep to visit some off-roading sites and events. I'm retired, so I have plenty of time to plan things out, and arrange meet-ups, etc. I know there are numerous Jeep Jamborees that are held throughout the country (and some of them are very pricey!), but I'm thinking more along the lines of hooking up with other forum members who frequent their local trails, etc. I'm just in the researching stage at this point, but I'll appreciate any advice and/or wisdom from others who've done similar things. For a decade or so, I solo traveled the country on a motorcycle every spring, so I'm no stranger to traveling alone.
Sponsored

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Like the title suggests, I'm thinking that later this year I might jump in the Jeep to visit some off-roading sites and events. I'm retired, so I have plenty of time to plan things out, and arrange meet-ups, etc. I know there are numerous Jeep Jamborees that are held throughout the country (and some of them are very pricey!), but I'm thinking more along the lines of hooking up with other forum members who frequent their local trails, etc. I'm just in the researching stage at this point, but I'll appreciate any advice and/or wisdom from others who've done similar things. For a decade or so, I solo traveled the country on a motorcycle every spring, so I'm no stranger to traveling alone.
Sounds like fun....I'm jealous. Maybe post up in the regional forums. Might meet up with some local guys coordinating a get together.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/the-staging-area-local-sections.27/

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I roamed around the Rockie's last summer and wheeled popular high mountain passes. There were folks everywhere in the back country, I was never alone. It felt like I never left California where you can't hardly find a place to be alone haha.

OP
OP
Ran4

Ran4

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
I roamed around the Rockie's last summer and wheeled popular high mountain passes. There were folks everywhere in the back country, I was never alone. It felt like I never left California where you can't hardly find a place to be alone haha.
Thanks. That's good to know. I'll probably head out that way. I've been out there more times than I can recall, but never for going off road (motorcycle mostly).

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Be sure to allow enough time to stop in and wheel with us on your way it of the state ....:rock:

Last edited:

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Looks like you spend some time in NC. We have a great group of guys up here and all are welcome. Travel all over the region. Someone is going out pretty much every weekend (going out in a couple of hours near Charlotte actually).

PM me if you are ever interested. We also have a group chat where we plan rides and i can add you to that.

OP
OP
Ran4

Ran4

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Looks like you spend some time in NC. We have a great group of guys up here and all are welcome. Travel all over the region. Someone is going out pretty much every weekend (going out in a couple of hours near Charlotte actually).

PM me if you are ever interested. We also have a group chat where we plan rides and i can add you to that.
PM sent. Thank you!

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase

Where near Charlotte? Ready to get out!

just FYI - prelim stages of planning a Jeep get together in Denver March 19 at a local restaurant. Stacked Offroad may do a recovery/winching clinic. Still planning but date is pretty firm.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Where near Charlotte? Ready to get out!

just FYI - prelim stages of planning a Jeep get together in Denver March 19 at a local restaurant. Stacked Offroad may do a recovery/winching clinic. Still planning but date is pretty firm.
we went to a place called Lake Hauser Adventure Park.

i have a text list of about 40 guys in the area where we announce trips. A lot of the guys are in Charlotte. Someone goes out almost every weekend.
If you are interested just PM me. No egos all are welcome.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ran4

Ran4

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
we went to a place called Lake Hauser Adventure Park.

i have a text list of about 40 guys in the area where we announce trips. A lot of the guys are in Charlotte. Someone goes out almost every weekend.
If you are interested just PM me. No egos all are welcome.
Looks like Lake Houser Adventures is only about 50 miles from my house..:). How was it?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Looks like Lake Houser Adventures is only about 50 miles from my house..:). How was it?
It was an experience.

The park isn't very well-maintained. It is easy to get to the far end where there is a river, but a little tricky getting back. When we got to the end there was a group on ATVs and one of them had a very serious accident. We had to call 911 and get EMS back there and they were having a hard time figuring out how to get him out. In the end (hours later) they were able to get him in a basket on a Gator with trax and get him out. Later found out he has a fractured sternum, 9 fractured ribs, and a punctured lung.

Then there was a tricky spot on the trail getting out ourselves and several Jeeps got damaged.

So it was a pretty intense day.

Storminā€™ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
If i were you, and I'm not, but if i were...I'd plan on hitting as many Badge of Honor trails as i could along the way. It will kind of set your course and give the trip a purpose.

OP
OP
Ran4

Ran4

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
It was an experience.

The park isn't very well-maintained. It is easy to get to the far end where there is a river, but a little tricky getting back. When we got to the end there was a group on ATVs and one of them had a very serious accident. We had to call 911 and get EMS back there and they were having a hard time figuring out how to get him out. In the end (hours later) they were able to get him in a basket on a Gator with trax and get him out. Later found out he has a fractured sternum, 9 fractured ribs, and a punctured lung.

Then there was a tricky spot on the trail getting out ourselves and several Jeeps got damaged.

So it was a pretty intense day.
Yikes! Years ago, I recall using my Polaris Crew to help an injured woman (she had been riding an ATV, and went over the handlebars while going down a steep grade) get out of the woods. One of the guys we were riding with was a nurse, so it helped a lot to have him along.

Did you suffer Jeep damage??

OP
OP
Ran4

Ran4

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
If i were you, and I'm not, but if i were...I'd plan on hitting as many Badge of Honor trails as i could along the way. It will kind of set your course and give the trip a purpose.
Thanks. Yes, I've thought of that, and I might do it. Hard to say at this stage.
Sponsored