Sponsored

Transporting Steel Bumper Take Offs

normaleagle05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Can I get OEM steel bumper take offs, front and rear, inside my JLU Sport? I have a line on a pair of low mileage take offs and am realizing this may be a tight fit. I've got one Harbor Freight packing blanket to pad these. I guess I should take some towels too.

But will the bumpers even fit in the Jeep?
Sponsored

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Mount them before you head back. Toss the plastics in a recycle bin.

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Wrap them each in a blanket and tumble forward your passenger seat and have your backseat folded down. You shouldn’t have any issues?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I think I know which pair you are taking about. Remove the skid plate attached to the front bumper and leave the front end caps off. Plus ^^^ suggestion. If it is the pair I’m thinking that is a good deal.

Sponsored

Patsloft

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Clubs

Can I get OEM steel bumper take offs, front and rear, inside my JLU Sport? I have a line on a pair of low mileage take offs and am realizing this may be a tight fit. I've got one Harbor Freight packing blanket to pad these. I guess I should take some towels too.

But will the bumpers even fit in the Jeep?
Don’t use the rear steel bumper it will destroy your body tub on the corners if you ever come down on an obstacle. Find another option I love the front bumper but trust me you will get damage

OP
OP

normaleagle05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Don’t use the rear steel bumper it will destroy your body tub on the corners if you ever come down on an obstacle. Find another option I love the front bumper but trust me you will get damage
I'm aware of the drawbacks of the OEM steel rear. But I'll have to roam far and wide from Garland, TX, to find enough of a rock that it'll contact the body tub.

I plan to. But it'll take a while due to 13 month old.

In the mean time it'll be nice to be able to stand on my rear bumper.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
I drove over 500mi with them in the back of my JLU they'll fit, with the rear seats folded down and the bumpers angled. Take the end caps off. Bring blankets to wrap them so they don't hit each other and put a tarp down in the cargo area. With them wrapped in blankets they shouldn't slide around but I used the plastic trim as a wedge for the front and rear. You have plenty of space.

Also be sure to wrap the ends cause at an angle they'll contact your passenger door and you don't want to mar it.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
If you're not driving far slide the passenger seat forward and you fit one or both bumpers straight. I slept in my car on the way there and back so couldn't do that cause I had a cooler and extra in that seat.
Sponsored