Sponsored

Transmission Tune for 2.0T

OrangeWave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I posted this in the 2.0T section but didn't get much of a response so trying here in general.

I own both a 3.6L Rubicon with the Mopar lift and 37s and a stock 2.0T Rubicon. While I think the 2.0T is a better engine as far as torque and overall "snappiness" it is much slower to downshift than the 3.6 and quicker to upshift which really diminishes the enjoyment of the motor. I end up having to put the 2.0T in manual mode if I'm in traffic where I might need to quickly accelerate without waiting for the 2 or 3 gear downshift to happen.

So, does anyone make a reprogrammer for the 2.0T to make the transmission quicker to downshift and hold a lower gear longer? Honestly, I wish you could get this motor with a manual transmission as that probably would be ideal.
Sponsored

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
This is not available yet. The 2.0 doesn’t change gears as often as it uses boost to make power. I suggest you try and use the skinny pedal more aggressively as I don’t have an issue with slow up or down shifts. If you’re wanting more power I would highly suggest the Vaitrix ECU booster. I’ve noticed an increase in my MPG and tons more power.

Lastly, the peak HP and torque are very different between these engines, 3.6 is up high and we are down low. You holding a gear @ 5k rpms is wasteful and a shift is better.

Last edited:
OP
OP

OrangeWave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
This is not available yet. The 2.0 doesn’t change gears as often as it uses boost to make power. I suggest you try and use the skinny pedal more aggressively as I don’t have an issue with slow up or down shifts. If you’re wanting more power I would highly suggest the Vaitrix ECU booster. I’ve noticed an increase in my MPG and tons more power.

Lastly, the peak HP and torque are very different between these engines, 3.6 is up high and we are down low. You holding a gear @ 5k rpms is wasteful and a shift is better.
I'll check out the Valitrix but the issue really is the trans as the motor makes plenty of power. I'm not looking for it to hold 5000 RPM but it almost immediately rushes to 7th or 8th gear and does not have the power to quick accelerate to change lanes without at least 2 downshifts. Unfortunately if you get too heavy on the throttle it will jump up to very high RPM which isn't really what you want either. The motor performs nicely if you manually shift it, I"m just looking for the programming to be more intelligent than it is.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'll check out the Valitrix but the issue really is the trans as the motor makes plenty of power. I'm not looking for it to hold 5000 RPM but it almost immediately rushes to 7th or 8th gear and does not have the power to quick accelerate to change lanes without at least 2 downshifts. Unfortunately if you get too heavy on the throttle it will jump up to very high RPM which isn't really what you want either. The motor performs nicely if you manually shift it, I"m just looking for the programming to be more intelligent than it is.
Maybe you need to take it in. I have never had this issue and I drive a lot of Jeeps from all years all the time. The 2.0 has consistently more power etc at 35 or at 65. Something must not be right with yours. Perhaps a battery disconnect and let the transmission relearn. I’m not trying to say your experience is wrong, it’s just not something I can replicate across multiple 2.0 and 3.6.

TRJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jl Rubicon
Try doing manual shifts for a while, I think the trans/ computer will relearn the shift characteristics you are looking for, or disconnect top battery for a while, reconnect battery and drive more aggressively for a relearn to computer. Your Jeep is now in more MPG operation.
Sponsored