Sponsored

Transmission Swap Auto to Manual?

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Lol. I drove my manual with 37s and stock gearing for 2 years. Definitely still used all 6 gears. No it's not a sports car, but it's by far the best manual ever put in a jeep.
That is like saying it is the best bullet ever put on a .32 special. It is still a .32 special :)

Kidding aside, I'm happy you are enjoying your manual JL. Many times I too wish I was driving a manual JL. I was just expressing the fact that all of Jeep's powerplant R&D are going in the completely opposite direction of the Pentastar+Manual.
Sponsored

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I just stumbled across this thread, and wanted to chime in. While it isn't that relevant to a modern Jeep, I do have experience with an automatic to manual transmission swap. That was on a '77 Ford truck, with no wiring harnesses or other electrical stuff to deal with, and room to carry at least four passengers under the hood. It was one of those projects that you just start, and you get through it, and eventually you hammer out enough of the kinks that the damn thing more or less works.

I think doing the same thing on a modern Jeep would just be a horrifying fricking nightmare, really. Many, many, many hours of misery and unpleasantness.