JL4ROKS

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
2018 JL Rubicon 10k Miles
I was getting ready to install my new Metal Cloak skids and look up to notice trans fluid on the pan.

I take it in for my (Free Oil Change Service) and they tell me I need a new part (no description) and
that it would take 3 weeks to get the part.

Anyone else have this happen to them.
Sponsored

2018 Jeep JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
Similar situation! I noticed transmission fluid leak as well (8 speed auto) this past Saturday. Wife brought the jeep to the dealership and they offered an appointment to bring the jeep in 3-weeks from now (Service manager just glanced under the Jeep). Not clear exactly where the fluid is leaking from but pan is wet with fluid running across the x-member / skid bar(s).

Not good with only 5k miles (5 months old) on the Jeep

I'll let you know how things progress.....

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
I dropped mine off at the dealer today, I woke up and found transmission fluid dripping on to and from the skid pate. She's only 450 miles old :(. The technician said the rear seal on Transmission wasn't properly seated or wasn't even installed. I'm really confused on the whole wasn't installed piece. luckily the dealership is taking care of it quickly and with no hassle, I'm going through withdrawals having to drive this Cherokee around!

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
I dropped mine off at the dealer today, I woke up and found transmission fluid dripping on to and from the skid pate. She's only 450 miles old :(. The technician said the rear seal on Transmission wasn't properly seated or wasn't even installed. I'm really confused on the whole wasn't installed piece. luckily the dealership is taking care of it quickly and with no hassle, I'm going through withdrawals having to drive this Cherokee around!
UPDATE!!! Graycie is back home and purring like a kitten. The gasket was folded over on itself at the bottom. Dealer replaced the gasket. Gave her a complete once over, apologized for the inconvenience. Best service experience I’ve ever had.
Good luck to everyone having this issue.

Sponsored

2018 Jeep JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
I promised an up-date so here it is; ATF leak turned out to be the transfer case input seal which was incorrectly seated. Dealership replaced the seal. 4-hour job as they had to remove the transfer case to replace the seal.

I've read a number of posts on this forum with pretty much the exact same issue with the transfer case so keep an eye out for leaks on your jeep folks!