Sponsored

Transmission Gripe, When Using a Car Wash.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Well, I did make the effort, and tried what some of you guys said. I went through the Car Wash, and the message still read push brake, press button, and put into gear. So, instead of the on/off button, I squeezed the shifter Button/Grip, and put it in gear. That did the trick. Thanks guys.

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
I messed around with mine while sitting in the drive thru pharmacy line today. When in neutral it does flash the message as stated but barley touching the brake petal let me pull it into drive. Didn't even have to push the button, just popped it back and away I went. I never noticed the auto park feature before. Guess it just made sense to apply the brake when shifting into drive.

Heck, I wasn't even in a car wash!

JESSB

First Name
jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport 2.0 L
2020 wrangler 2.0 , 8spd been through the car wash numerous times just drop back into drive and go no difference in any other vehicle i've owned .

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Well, I did make the effort, and tried what some of you guys said. I went through the Car Wash, and the message still read push brake, press button, and put into gear. So, instead of the on/off button, I squeezed the shifter Button/Grip, and put it in gear. That did the trick. Thanks guys.
Brake or no brake required?

I don't have to press the brake pedal when going from neuchy to D. But I do have to squeeze the shifter button.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brake or no brake required?

I don't have to press the brake pedal when going from neuchy to D. But I do have to squeeze the shifter button.
Brake required. ..

Jinnjue

First Name
Jinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler jl 2 door Mojito Green
Vehicle Showcase
Something’s wrong with it. Mine goes right in from neutral to drive and back.
Thank god 🙏🏽 I never experienced this. Mine just shifts into neutral and I drive away 🤷🏽‍♂️

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I have this ongoing problem with the 8 Speed Auto, Nanny Tranny. Every time I go through a car wash, I have to leave it in neutral. No big deal, every car/truck has to. Then, at the end, I have to shut the engine off, then restart it, quickly, and put it into drive. You cannot just pop it back in gear, like a normal car. Many times, it takes so long to get it all going, the car/truck behind me almost hits me. So, every time I go through the wash, I have to tell the attendant to give me 10 feet distance between my Jeep and whomever is behind me.
To me, this is unacceptable, and dangerous.
Hmmm. I've taken mine through a carwash a half dozen times with no issue.

Mwags

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited JLU Sport S
I have this ongoing problem with the 8 Speed Auto, Nanny Tranny. Every time I go through a car wash, I have to leave it in neutral. No big deal, every car/truck has to. Then, at the end, I have to shut the engine off, then restart it, quickly, and put it into drive. You cannot just pop it back in gear, like a normal car. Many times, it takes so long to get it all going, the car/truck behind me almost hits me. So, every time I go through the wash, I have to tell the attendant to give me 10 feet distance between my Jeep and whomever is behind me.
To me, this is unacceptable, and dangerous.
I use the car wash all the time and this never happened to me.....goes right from neutral to drive

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Make sure to shift form Neutral to drive when the car wash is actually moving your Jeep. My speedometer reads 0MPH and 1MPH. When it reads 1 MPH, I can shift from neutral to drive. When 0 MPH, I have to press the brake first.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Make sure to shift form Neutral to drive when the car wash is actually moving your Jeep. My speedometer reads 0MPH and 1MPH. When it reads 1 MPH, I can shift from neutral to drive. When 0 MPH, I have to press the brake first.
I will give that a try too. I usually wait to go, when the Jeep stops. I know I have tried to shift, straight into Drive, after the wash, without pushing the brakes, and I've learned my Jeep doesnt like that.
If this 8Speed wasnt such a great tranny, I would be trading for a standard.

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
If you care about your jeep you wont take it to those places. Mess up your paint real good only wash it yourself or those touchless washes or even hosing it down is better after a snow strom. I cringe so hard when I see a brand new jeep going through those washes. Anyway ignore this message if you dont care just my two cents¢

Category5Bronado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I will give that a try too. I usually wait to go, when the Jeep stops. I know I have tried to shift, straight into Drive, after the wash, without pushing the brakes, and I've learned my Jeep doesnt like that.
If this 8Speed wasnt such a great tranny, I would be trading for a standard.

What mike said.
Also, you don’t need to push the red button to go from neutral to drive. So just apply slight pressure to the shifter pulling it back to drive and once the rollers give you that final nudge and make you move at slow speed the shifter should just fall into drive.
Same goes dor when you’re in reverse (not at the car wash) and you want to go to drive. Just pull it back don’t press the button.
Sponsored