Transmission Failed

jlp2004

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 Door
I have a new 2021 JLU Sahara with V6 no etorque. Ordered 8/21 and received at the end of December 2021. The transmission failed 2 weeks ago with 2,200 miles. Dealership is gathering parts but after two weeks not ETA on repair. I talked to Jeep Cares twice and each time I was assured theat a case worker was assigned and I would be contacted the next day. Jeep Cares has never followed through though. Has anyone had similar. I have been without it for 14 days. Should I just try to get Jeep to buy it back plus accessories I have added and state excise taxes or Keep waiting.
Sponsored

JJMalone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392, '20 JLR, '00 TRD Tacoma
If you can stand it be patient and give them a chance. There is probably nothing to tell you until they can get the parts. Nothing is perfect. This is pure bad luck and it will pass and 6 mos from now you will be happily driving your jeep. I have a '20 3.6 auto with a tad over 113000 miles on it and never a glitch, so when they get it fixed it should last you many years

Rjstevens

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara (on order)
I donā€™t know why they canā€™t get parts. If itā€™s the eight speed 850 RE. It is made in Kokomo Indiana. That plant is running full speed.

Squibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger
I donā€™t know why they canā€™t get parts. If itā€™s the eight speed 850 RE. It is made in Kokomo Indiana. That plant is running full speed.
If itā€™s without e torque then itā€™s the manual, right?

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I have a new 2021 JLU Sahara with V6 no etorque. Ordered 8/21 and received at the end of December 2021. The transmission failed 2 weeks ago with 2,200 miles. Dealership is gathering parts but after two weeks not ETA on repair. I talked to Jeep Cares twice and each time I was assured theat a case worker was assigned and I would be contacted the next day. Jeep Cares has never followed through though. Has anyone had similar. I have been without it for 14 days. Should I just try to get Jeep to buy it back plus accessories I have added and state excise taxes or Keep waiting.
When I did a buyback, the accessories and add on mods were not covered. Ymmv.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I waited 3 months to get a steering box.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My CDJR dealer, 30 miles away, must have a lot of pull with Mopar. They got me a new steering box within 10 days. Just last week they got a new seatbelt tensioner for my Fiat 124 Spider overnight! Iā€™d seen posts from other Spider owners who had to wait months; I was shocked when I heard that they could get it so quickly.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, OP! Hope you get things resolved.

Itā€™s a manual transmission, right? The ZF8 automatics rarely ever fail.

Good luck.

Sponsored

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Can't see anyway they'd buy it back for that, because they have a fix just waiting on the parts. Equally not a chance they pay for accessories. Best bet is just wait and hit them up every day. It sucks, but that's where it is.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Over 30 days out of service for one issue on new vehicle should Lemon Law it. if nothing happens in a couple weeks go for a new one.

OP
OP

jlp2004

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 Door
Saturday will be 21 days. Still no word on expected parts arrival. It is an automatic 3.6 without e-torque. Still waiting to hear back from Jeep Cares. At least it seems like mine is an unuasual problem so maybe if it ever gets fixed it will be good.

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
Look up and read your stateā€˜s lemon law. Most state your request for buyback or replacement must be made within one year, been out of service at least 30 days or at least 4 tries on a repair that significantly affects operability. You also have to usually abide by the arbitration section of your warranty. Write a letter to Jeep Customer care( certified return receipt) outlining the defect and the time etc it has taken. Just facts and no embellishments, advise that after 30 days you want a buyback as per your State statute( list it). This should get their attention and if not, you have made the first step on a buy back.
Sponsored