Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I have a JL Sahara with 800 miles on it. Both my wife and I noticed a slight delay when putting it in drive or reverse. You put it in gear, press the gas and there is a slight pause before you move. Been doing it from day one. Anyone else seeing this?
Sponsored

Toreador

First Name
Ely
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Most of my automatic vehicles do this. I always assumed it was a automatic transmission 'clutch / gear switch' delay.

Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Mine seems pretty quick but I always give it a half a second before going. I know a lot of people will put it in drive while still rolling back a bit. Yesterday I checked mine and it seemed the same as an other automatic I've driven in terms of speed going into gear.

4WHLFUN

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I had an odd one off (so far) occurrence of a delay. Was in a parking lot, started the engine and put it in D and got no engagement. The engine would rev like it was in neutral. I tried moving to R and back to D, no change. I moved to P and back to D, no change initially. Finally while stepping slightly on the gas the Jeep lurched forward. (Glad I was covering the brake with left foot).

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Sounds like a behavior of the stop start function ... when stopped at a stop sign, the engine turns off and waits for you to press on the accelerator ... once the accelerator petal is pressed, the engine kicks on and the vehicle moves.

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Nope not that. I hate that and turn it off right away. Plus you need to be stopped longer than just switching gears to get that function to work. I wish there was a way to permanently disable it without having to buy and aftermarket plugin.
Sponsored