First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5
Occupation
Professional Irritant
While waiting for Hydro to become available again, I've developed a habit of going through the configurator process every several days and (re)build my XR Rubi. I've noticed that every time I do this, it gives me the option to add the 4:1 Rock-Trac heavy duty full time 4WD case. I'm not after full time 4WD, just part time. However, nowhere does it tell me what case I'll end up with if I don't tick the box for this one. I would assume it to be the PT version but still with 4:1. Sure don't wanna end up with the 2.72:1 unit.

Am I missing something here? Tnx!
Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
While waiting for Hydro to become available again, I've developed a habit of going through the configurator process every several days and (re)build my XR Rubi. I've noticed that every time I do this, it gives me the option to add the 4:1 Rock-Trac heavy duty full time 4WD case. I'm not after full time 4WD, just part time. However, nowhere does it tell me what case I'll end up with if I don't tick the box for this one. I would assume it to be the PT version but still with 4:1. Sure don't wanna end up with the 2.72:1 unit.

Am I missing something here? Tnx!
To clarify in case anyone doesn't know, transfer case ratio only applies to 4WD LOW. Differential ratio (in the axles) is a different thing.

All stock JL Rubi transfer cases have a 4:1 LOW ratio. The Sports have the 2.72:1 LOW ratio. The T-case option you're selecting on the Rubi is only for whether you want 4WD HI Full-Time available. All JLs have 4WD HI Part-Time. Be aware that adding the 4WD HI Full-Time option will change your front end from U-Joints to CV Joints.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
To clarify in case anyone doesn't know, transfer case ratio only applies to 4WD LOW. Differential ratio (in the axles) is a different thing.

All stock JL Rubi transfer cases have a 4:1 LOW ratio. The Sports have the 2.72:1 LOW ratio. The T-case option you're selecting on the Rubi is only for whether you want 4WD HI Full-Time available. All JLs have 4WD HI Part-Time. Be aware that adding the 4WD HI Full-Time option will change your front end from U-Joints to CV Joints.
^What he said.
Sponsored