Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Many members here have on their wish list that the physical transfer case shifter is retained, instead of going to a Selec Train knob like in other Jeeps.

There haven't been many interior pics but in the clearest one we have (from this sighting in June), there's still a physical shifter for the transfer case. Please note that this was an interior from an earlier prototype spotted last June, but hopefully signals that the physical shifter will stay. You can spot it here, hiding behind the steering wheel.

jlwranglertransfercaseshifter.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

ChadR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
IT
I hope they continue to use the physical transfer case. As an RV owner, I'm interested in being able to flat tow the JL. If they move to a computerized transfer case, my concern is that the vehicle may require a dolly/trailer to tow behind the RV.

JeepinGeorge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
If this is the manual transmission option that will stay in the JL and JLU upon production, I spy a change in the shift pattern. That's going to confuse a lot of drivers out there but I personally like it :clap:

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
If this is the manual transmission option that will stay in the JL and JLU upon production, I spy a change in the shift pattern. That's going to confuse a lot of drivers out there but I personally like it :clap:
As long as it's a decent transmission, that's fine. The NSG370 should've died with the TJ.

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

Those interior pics are from http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...rangler-jl-mule-confirms-six-speed-manual.98/

Some of us were speculating it might be the Tremec 3160 manual since it can have the reverse gear to the left of 1st gear or right of 6th gear.
Sponsored