Sponsored

Transfer case popping out of gear - finally acknowledged!

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I’ve had a reoccurring issue of my transfer case popping out of gear. Not the pop out that’s common when it’s first put into gear and not completely seated. I’m talking about a pop out after the TC has been under load for minutes.

Happened again last week. So, when the jeep was in the dealer today I mentioned the issue for probably the 4the time. I expected the same ‘ole “we can’t recreate the issue, so there’s no issue”.

Today was finally different. I was told “yeah, we’ve seen this on several ‘19 and ‘20s. Sometimes the cable is set to be too short. We’ll have out TC guy take a look.”

I just wanted to pass this on incase anyone else might be having the same problem.
Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
This has me thoroughly confused. What word is served by the contraction 'ole?

OP
OP
LooselyHeldPlans

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Update: jeep got a knock software update, the transfer case cable extended, new lock cylinder for the glove box, AND they replaced the front inner fender liner that had came out and rubbed a hole. I’m very impressed for literally the first time with jeep service.

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Update: jeep got a knock software update, the transfer case cable extended, new lock cylinder for the glove box, AND they replaced the front inner fender liner that had came out and rubbed a hole. I’m very impressed for literally the first time with jeep service.
Go buy a lottery ticket with all that warranty work done by the dealer!

Keep us posted if you notice any improvements with the extended TC cable. My JL’s TC (2.72 4L) never popped out but I’ve noticed it happening in three Rubicons.
Sponsored