Train horns on Wrangler JLU

Sbnewsom

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Has anyone put train horns on their JLU? I know... Crazy... But my boys (5 and 3) heard them on a truck the other day and they would love for me to install some on the jeep. Curious if anyone has any recommendations?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Has anyone put train horns on their JLU? I know... Crazy... But my boys (5 and 3) heard them on a truck the other day and they would love for me to install some on the jeep. Curious if anyone has any recommendations?
Train horn kit for a JL will run you about $240+- also you will need to buy and install a a high volume air compressor (Min 100 PSI) and a 1 gallon tank (minimum size) in order to run the horn... You buy the compressor and tank separately... figure another couple of hundred or so for those. The install of the compressor, tank and horn would not be that difficult but it is not all that easy either..

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Many here have installed compressors and tanks to air up after trail rides. In shopping for a compressor 100+ PSI capable ones are common. I'm thinking two birds...

Install an air system usful on the trail, tap into it for the horns. Won't be cheap but as I've said many times, if it's fun it's either expensive or illegal

VitaminK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL and military HMMWV
Currently putting one on my 2dr. Kleinn makes a bolt on kit. As I have the 2dr the compressor won’t fit (will fit 4dr) so I’m just using their horns and running line to my own compressor. I have a switchpro for the horn itself

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Currently putting one on my 2dr. Kleinn makes a bolt on kit. As I have the 2dr the compressor won’t fit (will fit 4dr) so I’m just using their horns and running line to my own compressor. I have a switchpro for the horn itself
@VitaminK" Yes, space for the compressor and the air tank itself is at a premium with the 2 dr..

I have read that guys are deleting the stock muffler on their JL and going with an aftermarket muffler (or no muffler) that takes up way lets space.... THEN, they are mounting the 1 gallon air tank under the JL in that area where the stock muffler and it's in an out pipes once resided.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
forget the train horns. get this. NASA horn

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
This thread is useless without video... :)
Sponsored