Train Horn Yay or Nay?

SteveTigers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe
An air horn was one of the first things my 16 yr old son put on the wrangler. He said he blew it at school, and everyone stared at him. They didn’t think it was funny, and I explained that people don’t like obnoxious. Especially 16 year olds driving dad’s new car.

He STILL blows it every once in a while when I walk in front of the Jeep. I’m going to kill him next time; in the most fatherly way possible. It did come in handy in the parking lot when my wife didn’t see where I was parked. She walked my direction with her head down.

I want to figure out a way to play the siren from The Purge. Turn up the volume.
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Of course, I'm looking to dump more money into the Jeep... should I or shouldn't I? Main purpose of this is to be loud and extremely obnoxious to those entitled drivers in NYC. Thanks in advance.
No. Played out an makes you the obnoxious one.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
BTW, to clarify I wouldn't get it just to be loud/obnoxious whereever I drive. It's for the dbags that drive like turd. So please do not classify me with the turds based on your assumptions.
Dunning-Kruger in full effect.

Sontavaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lj - sold-cause im an idiot. 2019 blue rubi ordered and received. I need my LJ back.
Occupation
Repressor of civil rights
So on my old tj I had an extra loud horn that I mounted under the fender with the funnel facing forward and unblocked my sheet metal. It wasn’t and air horn just an extra loud horn. It was fun, but I blew it at a lady changing lanes into me and scared her so bad she ran off the road Trying to get away. She stopped and it appears no har, was done. but it could have been a disaster.... now using it to get pedestrial asshole out of the intersection.....priceless.

Sponsored

old mike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
little red 2021 JLR (Ruby J. L. Tudor)
We already struggle to maintain public support for keeping our jacked up, wide stance, narrow fender, and wide tired vehicles legally acceptable and our trails, especially our public lands trails, open for our use. We can't kid ourselves; it's become a constant battle to maintain areas open to our use ...even in Moab.

I fully understand being tempted to be able to give a memorable, nerve-shattering, blast in response to the other guys' bad behavior once in a while. I understand the appeal of straight pipes and a roaring exhaust. But, unfortunately, the trouble with yielding to the temptations of train horns and such is that the next guy you blast or roar by may be that one loudly influential jerk who can make a public case against not just your train horn or unmuffled exhaust, but Jeeps and off-roading in general.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
should I or shouldn't I
No, you shouldn’t.

Don’t be that guy instigating road rage in traffic. If you make the poor decision to sound a train horn off at the wrong person or group of people in public, be prepared to deal with potentially fatal consequences.

Being a bully in traffic will get you killed.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Of course, I'm looking to dump more money into the Jeep... should I or shouldn't I? Main purpose of this is to be loud and extremely obnoxious to those entitled drivers in NYC. Thanks in advance.
If you do decide to do it, please record it and upload it for popcorns.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I think a train horn would match a jeep with mods like these.

Jeep Wrangler JL Train Horn Yay or Nay? lowriderjeep1

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
Id watch how youre using it since it is illegal to use afterall. And if someone has high blood pressure they could have a heart attack.
You may be scaring the jerks but For every dickhead you scare, 10 good people nearby had the fuck scared out of them.
And it instantly angers people so you dont know what is going to get thrown at you, so just a heads up.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Definitely a no on the train horn. Ok, so you are annoyed by the inconsiderate actions of others and there for you feel the need to pay it back?

Let me give you some free advice. This is not a solution. If you act on this, I'll guarantee you will set someone off and eventually you'll regret your decision.

This is a prime example of why society has devolved into an inconsiderate and just plain mean mass of people that quickly and easily justify their actions of payback no matter how irrational they really are.

Yes people are inconsiderate and even very rude but that doesn't mean we should react by raising the bar to higher level of it.

Remember YOU asked for this response. I don't want or need a response from you on this subject.

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
yes, Yes, YES! let me know what your setup is if you end up doing it. Ill be adding an obnoxious horn to mine eventually.

Since we cant mirror smash in a jeep per-se.

Sponsored