Train Horn Yay or Nay?

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
Most of us have at least thought about this at some point...It's just in present day America there are far too many irresponsible morons who have zero respect for the property of others, zero respect for law and order, feel the world owes them everything and have been taught they will face zero consequences for their reckless, illegal and violent behavior...

So, a hard no to the train horn idea.

I'm confused. Its seems you make a case for a train horn then say no.. :LOL:

Yes, in most places, most cases the polite "excuse me please" beep of a horn is sufficient.. But some people have learned to completely tune polite out and a "HEY MOTHER F*CKER" is sometimes required.

Kind of like; I'll run 2WD until 4WD is required.🤔
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I'm confused. Its seems you make a case for a train horn then say no.. :LOL:

Yes, in most places, most cases the polite "excuse me please" beep of a horn is sufficient.. But some people have learned to completely tune polite out and a "HEY MOTHER F*CKER" is sometimes required.

Kind of like; I'll run 2WD until 4WD is required.🤔
While driving to work today, I was in a situation where I thought a train horn would be justified.
I was going straight through an intersection with 3 lanes of traffic, I was in the middle lane, green light for me, some guy not caring for the right of way while turning right cut across in front of me without even looking, seeing that I almost T-boned him, I hit my brakes hard. I did a short honk letting him know that was NOT cool.

To my surprised he honked back, flipping me off. I honked again, longer. He honked back again, even longer, and proceeded to cut across 3 lanes of traffic as he was turning and landed in the lane furthest to the left.

Just absolutely pathetic.

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
While driving to work today, I was in a situation where I thought a train horn would be justified.
I was going straight through an intersection with 3 lanes of traffic, I was in the middle lane, green light for me, some guy not caring for the right of way while turning right cut across in front of me without even looking, seeing that I almost T-boned him, I hit my brakes hard. I did a short honk letting him know that was NOT cool.

To my surprised he honked back, flipping me off. I honked again, longer. He honked back again, even longer, and proceeded to cut across 3 lanes of traffic as he was turning and landed in the lane furthest to the left.

Just absolutely pathetic.

You were going way too fast and that wasn't a short honk. Made me fat finger my text. Now the wife thinks I want to got to her moms house. Thanks!
Sponsored