Trails, trail and trails

cobaltblu10

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Jeep Scrambler
Is there an off-road trails app for vehicles? I've them them but most seem to focus on hiking.
It would be nice to have one for real. I just rely on Youtube videos information whenever I watch trail and off-road driving videos.
Sponsored

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
Wyoming

North
Morrison Jeep Trail

North East
Crazy Woman Canyon GP One of my favorites. 30 minutes south of Buffalo Wy.
Devil's Kitchen Bighorns GP
Hazelton Kaycee Loop GP This one takes you out toward Hole in the Wall where Butch Cassidy use to hang out. It’s about a 6-8 hour trip from Buffalo Wy. Comes out near the town of Kaycee on the interstate.
Hunt Mountain GP You’ll have a good chance to see elk, moose and bear on this trip.
Pryor Mountain Horses
Red Grade GP Great place to see elk and moose.

Central, southern part of Wyoming
Bison Basin
Fairfield Hill
FS 352
Louis Lake
Oregon Trail to Atlantic City
Sinks Canyon - FS 300

SgtSonnt

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLRU
Anyone know of anything in the Maryland area? Or Virginia?
If you are still looking for trails in the VA area, your best bet is the George Washington National Forest. I would recommend checking alltrails.com to find more.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
It would be nice to have one for real. I just rely on Youtube videos information whenever I watch trail and off-road driving videos.
A quick and painless APP search in your favorite APP Store - android or Apple - and you'll find Yes there are more than you'll think ! However, do more of your YouTube research once you pick a few of them - such as Gaia, then go back to YouTube and find those "Overlanders" who use IT. Eventually you'll find their how-to-use video ! ! ! Or you can just go by the Companies Website(s) and "trust" in their own biased assessments ! Good Shopping to you ! ps; I'm down to a choice of 2, maybe 3 but I still have another 6 months before I even have a JL . . . things could change those choices at any time !
ps/edit 2 minutes later -- also a simple google maps search, or better yet google Earth ! Either can get you well on your way, once you Zoom in and say, "Wow, so many choices, do I have the time for them all?" :like:

SgtSonnt

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLRU
If you are still looking for trails in the VA area, your best bet is the George Washington National Forest. I would recommend checking alltrails.com to find more.
I wanted to follow up with my comment a few days ago.

My nephew and I drove roughly 1.5hrs from the Fairfax, VA area to the Peters Mill Run in the George Washington National Forest. The trail was easy but fun. Perfect for a ride with the family. If you are interested in the trail feel free to take a look at our venture here -

Sponsored

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Joe C

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I put together a Google Map with locations for ORV Parks. It includes only parks for Jeeps and no ATV only parks. I also tried to filter out any places on the list that appear to be closed. I only added a few trails so you won't see much out west. If you're interested in helping me add them, send me a PM with your email address and I can add you as an editor. You can also send me exact GPS or address location for trail heads and I can add them for you. Screenshots from google maps are helpful. Let me know if I missed anything else.

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
Here is a nice list of trails, but I see some trails that are missing. Does anyone know of a more complete list? https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails
Thanks for the URL Jeremy. That makes the TrailsOffRoad website much more valuable ... well, at least it does for me. The map is great, but clicking around indiscriminately isn't the best approach. With the list, it's much easier to keep track of them as you read through the write-ups. And, cross reference them to FunTreks and JeeptheUSA.

Now to admit my ignorance ... where did you get the URL? When I go to the home page, I can't find the secret door to the "trails" list!

Reactions: J0E

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Thanks for the URL Jeremy. That makes the TrailsOffRoad website much more valuable ... well, at least it does for me. The map is great, but clicking around indiscriminately isn't the best approach. With the list, it's much easier to keep track of them as you read through the write-ups. And, cross reference them to FunTreks and JeeptheUSA.

Now to admit my ignorance ... where did you get the URL? When I go to the home page, I can't find the secret door to the "trails" list!
That specific URl to the list format came up in a Google search and placed me directly on that page (I don't remember exactly what I searched on). I couldn't find it by navigating from the home page of their website either. :) By the way, you can also use Google to search within a specific website. Example - Enter site:www.trailsoffroad.com in Google (include the entire phrase with site: in the front, don't click the link). It will show you how many pages Google indexed from that specific site. Then enter a keyword after it like site:www.trailsoffroad.com utah and it will show you only the pages on that specific website that contain Utah.
Sponsored