Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I've adapted my offroad driving in the 4xe such that I reserve the electric mode for the technical parts and run the ICE during easy stretches. Save that quiet torque for the rocks and ledges so you can fully enjoy the sounds of metal scraping on granite.

Sponsored

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Does he really think ceramic coating will keep those bushes from pinstriping his Jeep? C’mon Brad!

edit: it’s also a little disappointing that he thinks he loses the 375hp when the battery shows 0 battery
You’re right: Ceramic won’t to 💩 for pinstriping.

You need PPF for that.

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
edit: it’s also a little disappointing that he thinks he loses the 375hp when the battery shows 0 battery
Seems to be a common theme but I do wonder if we lose a little power when the battery is lower. Brandon Haneline mentioned it in his drag racing video that it was slower the more the battery depleted. I know I can't tell the difference. Overall I will say Trail Recon seemed to do better than most describing the 4xe but that is not really a high bar either.

Sponsored

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
The 4xe will be the best vehicle for offroading/overlanding for the next 6 months, or until views start dropping off.
I don't think the TrailRecon channel is quite that disingenuous. Many others are.

When the diesel gets hot, it cuts power. Same thing happened to another YouTuber whose highway speed reduced to a crawl while climbing the Canadian Rockies.

I bet TrailRecon's ultimate recommendation will depend upon whether or not he experiences a sudden, unexpected loss of power followed by a month long battery/IDCM/PIM replacement like some of us. Despite that issue, I still made the right choice of powerplant for my usage.

Stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR & 2015 RR
Occupation
Civil Eng.
We'll see. Its a pretty standard formula.
Get new vehicle. Do some basic videos with it. Make a "Top reasons why you need (vehicle)". A couple more videos doing basic vlogs with the vehicle around, selling skottles and coffee. Maybe do an install video of some other product to sell. Make a "Top things I hate about (vehicle). Then finally a "why I got rid of my (vehicle)".
Minimal investment, maximum views.

deeve

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK (no U)
TrailRecon feels more like infomercials or videos made for product placement anymore. He's gotta make money, so I get it. Maybe I am just jealous of the guy.
Sponsored