TrailRecon spotted last Saturday outside of Silverton, CO

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
If anyone watches TrailRecon on youtube, Brad, the host and a few others (including Marco) were on Stoney Pass and Buffalo Boy trails in Silverton Last weekend. I had a chance just to say “hello’ to Brad and thank him for the content he produces as I drove on by. As a total newbie, I find the channel both interesting and helpful.

Anyway, if you watch TrailRecon, expect to see some content on the San Juan mountains/trails in the coming weeks.
Sponsored

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
Never mind Krondor beat me to it lol

OP
OP
Dkretden

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Wow, that was quick. Looks like the first part of the trip only with the San Juan’s to come In part 2 or maybe part 3.

thanks for posting this!

Sponsored

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
That guy cracks me up. Always backs out of all the obstacles because he doesn’t want to break or his overland stuff is too heavy. Gets to Hells Gate...winches up. Gets to wall on Poughkeepsie Gulch...backs off. :CWL:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I don't really like the guy. He spends too much time showing off all the useless crap he gets on Amazon.

There's a video of him camping "solo" where he starts with the importance of "getting away," but then spends 25 minutes going over the fancy tent he just bought, the fancy mattress, the fancy jacket, the fancy power generator, the fancy Internet connectivity device, the fancy laptop he uses for work, the fancy portable toilet...blah blah blah. Essentially, he took his entire bedroom, bathroom, and office with him to the middle of nowhere.

So much for "getting away"! :LOL:

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I don't really like the guy. He spends too much time showing off all the useless crap he gets on Amazon.

There's a video of him camping "solo" where he starts with the importance of "getting away," but then spends 25 minutes going over the fancy tent he just bought, the fancy mattress, the fancy jacket, the fancy power generator, the fancy Internet connectivity device, the fancy laptop he uses for work, the fancy portable toilet...blah blah blah. Essentially, he took his entire bedroom, bathroom, and office with him to the middle of nowhere.

I like his channel, but I agree with you. The more I'm getting into overlanding and "getting away", I'm realizing I really don't need all that much. For a weekend getaway, or even a four day getaway, I can do just fine with my igloo cooler that saves the food for 4 days no issues, and I don't need a fridge. I don't even have a rooftop tent, just a 6 person popup tent that literally takes 5 minutes to setup, and two self inflating mattresses for 2 to 3 people to sleep very comfortably. It's like having a master bedroom outdoors. No laptops, just really getting away from all the $h1tty world news feeds and social media.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That guy cracks me up. Always backs out of all the obstacles because he doesn’t want to break or his overland stuff is too heavy. Gets to Hells Gate...winches up. Gets to wall on Poughkeepsie Gulch...backs off. :CWL:
Yeah. I agree. He is a bit of a poser. I mean, he gets out, but still...

And he just loves to hear himself talk. He can go on and on about a marvelous hex bolt he bought online. He is insufferable...!

Sponsored

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
i dont watch him but i can see how that crap would be necessary for him just from a job standpoint. Youtube is is job so without that he couldn't post up videos ... maybe?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
i dont watch him but i can see how that crap would be necessary for him just from a job standpoint. Youtube is is job so without that he couldn't post up videos ... maybe?
Indeed. He wouldn’t be able to afford a $70,000 Gladiator Rubicon without making endless YouTube videos that try to convince us to buy crap we don’t need.

That doesn’t mean I have to watch him, though.

OP
OP
Dkretden

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Indeed. He wouldn’t be able to afford a $70,000 Gladiator Rubicon without making endless YouTube videos that try to convince us to buy crap we don’t need.

That doesn’t mean I have to watch him, though.
I actually like the channel and I find the content good too. I don’t overland. I don’t camp. And I don’t have 95% of all the “stuff” he carries. But I still like the channel. That said, some folks will really not like the channel. That’s what makes the world go ‘round. I’m right and so are they.

there is another channel that many folks seem to like. husband and wife. “Litebright “I think. I really will pay just about any amount of money to NOT have to watch that channel. But others will love it. Again. All good.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited

Lol.
It’s all sponsored content. I really liked his videos when he was just taking you along for trail rides. Now it’s just an advertisement channel like the rest. Good for him on his success. Not interesting to watch anymore. Luckily there’s 95,000 off road channels on YouTube to choose from.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
there is another channel that many folks seem to like. husband and wife. “Litebright “I think. I really will pay just about any amount of money to NOT have to watch that channel. But others will love it. Again. All good.
amen to that.
Sponsored