hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Was there a part 1 :) seriously you can garner better details and reviews from real users on this forum. There will be some back and forth on certain kits between members but wade through all that and there is REAL use cases.

Sponsored

darylgordon

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
I like the guy. While I understand that he supports those companies that give him free products and perhaps pay him to use their products, I’m able to distinguish fact from fiction. Most, if not all, successful YouTubers are given free products and some are paid by those companies. Frankly, I applaud someone who can make a living talking about stuff most of us talk about for free. We all saw how long Patagonia tires lasted on his Jeeps. :)

OP
OP

MidTNJeep

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Was there a part 1 :) seriously you can garner better details and reviews from real users on this forum. There will be some back and forth on certain kits between members but wade through all that and there is REAL use cases.
I can appreciate that. Trust me I’ve been reading through these forums for a year now trying to decide on a lift. I wouldn’t base my decision off one youtubers opinion, still an interesting comparison IMO.

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
Well, I'm looking forward to the series. Granted I understand about talking about free stuff & who paid him, etc...
But, it is information that I want to gather as I do more research.

I used to do install threads & reviews for people making items for the 91-95 MR2 when I had mine. But, that was before YouTube got big & I would always state whether I paid for the product, got a discount, or got it for free. Which doesn't seem to happen much on YouTube.

But, I will admit that I like the fact his videos aren't in Morse Code from all the bleeping out of words, or political statements, or like a bunch of teenagers in daddy's truck/Jeep.

He does like to talk, but it's part of his brand. So, I don't mind so much.

Again, just more research for me to investigate. :like:

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
The purpose of social media is to change your behavior without you knowing it. YouTube calls them “influencers” for a reason. It’s all lies.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I understand the attraction to a good comparison but this is not one imo . You can’t compare these six lifts because they are all different in what they accomplish. To be a real comparison, they need to be the same lift height , and have the same extended length shocks. This should just be a review on these six lifts.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Nah not at all... I watched him earlier in his career when he seemed to be more honest. Now it seems as though he gets enough free gear and gets a lot of sponsoring so I believe that he is way too biased for my liking...... Sorry he is a sold out bum now....

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I enjoy watching his videos. Not necessarily for his opinion on products but just in general.

As far as him being biased, basing a purchase on his opinions would be like making a decision on a Jeep purchase by asking which model is better, a Sahara or a Rubicon, and those discussions usually end with both Sahara and Rubicon owners defending their decisions.

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Yeah, I’m interested. I thought part 1 was well done and provided some good insights regarding lift measurements, etc. He acknowledged it’s not an apples-to-apples comparison from the outset. Wish Metalcloak was part of the review though, as I’m leaning that way. Promotions or free chit notwithstanding, I enjoy his content.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Yeah, I’m interested. I thought part 1 was well done and provided some good insights regarding lift measurements, etc. He acknowledged it’s not an apples-to-apples comparison from the outset. Wish Metalcloak was part of the review though, as I’m leaning that way. Promotions or free chit notwithstanding, I enjoy his content.
Yeah, MC doesn't pay to play - they advertise differently as it's part of the business model they have. Seems to work for them - good stuff AND good people.

Interesting as I watched part 1 and all I learned was that a 3.5" lift is taller than a 1.5" lift and lifts with more parts included cost more and take longer to install.

I also saw someone ignoring the RK instructions on where to cut the clearance cutouts to make it "better", and using way too much grease to install a RockJock sway-bar bushing.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.