TrailRecon Lift Comparison Part 2

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Informative. Good effort to support findings by specifying the controlled variables in the test and then having multiple data points (multiple drivers) for comparison. Results sound reasonable. Winner not a surprise as it is a popular lift.
Think the Icon Stage 2 or 3 could have done better.
Overall, well done Trailrecon

PJJPtx

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 392, '21 JLUR, '18 Sahara, Viper TT, Gallardo
I like the fact that he specified that there’s not one best lift kit for everyone. The real question is “what is the best lift kit for me and my uses?”

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
Had a bit more hope for the AEV, but it seemed to do really well on road and value and installation.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Good videos, I wonder if the AEV would have ridden better with different shocks? I have always found the Bilsteins to ride pretty harsh.

Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
AEV did what I expected, took the lead in on road driving characteristics. Due in no small part to the GEO brackets. I liked the GEO brackets ability to make the vehicle feel stable, and shed the nose dive during braking. Had them on my two JK's so I can say that from experience.
The Dynatrac probably did so well because of the shocks, those Fox shocks are the beans when wanting a quality ride. Really surprised though that the Rock Jock didn't take the crown from Rock Krawler in the rough. I do understand though why those two didn't come out on top on the road. Overall height can make a difference in road manners. In the end though I think he helped prove that matching shocks and springs do make the difference.

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I gave him some critical flak in the other thread regarding episode 1. I will say his second video opened up my perspective on the dynatrac and it’s now moved up my list of choices.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DizzyIzzy

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
AEV did what I expected, took the lead in on road driving characteristics. Due in no small part to the GEO brackets. I liked the GEO brackets ability to make the vehicle feel stable, and shed the nose dive during braking. Had them on my two JK's so I can say that from experience.
The Dynatrac probably did so well because of the shocks, those Fox shocks are the beans when wanting a quality ride. Really surprised though that the Rock Jock didn't take the crown from Rock Krawler in the rough. I do understand though why those two didn't come out on top on the road. Overall height can make a difference in road manners. In the end though I think he helped prove that matching shocks and springs do make the difference.
Also, he mentioned that AEV uses oem arms and such that it won’t need servicing of the bushings after hitting muddy trails and gunk.

I found this video informative even though a lot of people were triggered by his first video for some reason.
Sponsored