TrailRecon drops the Diesel

AZ-Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
I think that a new hood similar to the 392's would allow more air in and would probably do the trick.
I'd give the Jeep engineers the benefit of the doubt here . . . if they thought it would help, it would have been done . . . I don't think the solution is as easy as that, especially after my discussion with the Bullet Proof Diesel folks.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Roverhi

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Series 2 88
Clubs

You have to remember that Brad (Trail Recon) lives on a huge coffee bean farm in San Diego. Coffee was his bread and butter long before his YouTube channel.
Don't if the above comment was meant as a joke but you be sure that he is not growing his own coffee in San Diego County. Coffee requires a rather unique tropical rain/sun pattern with light winds and rain when the coffee is flowering. Something that is entirely foreign to SoCal. I'm a recovering Kona Coffee Farmer so BTDT.

Like most finished coffee purveyors he's buying bulk green coffee beans from Central or South America and has it custom roasted and bagged with his brand label.

FWIW if you want Kona Coffee make sure it's 100% Kona. Most of the coffee sold with Kona on the label only contains 10% real Kona beans and the rest is whatever the roaster can buy on the open market from wherever. A couple of large roasters on Oahu own the State Legislators and won't allow a law to be passed demanding more than 10% Kona coffee for it to have Kona on the lable. Even then some unscrupulous roasters recently got busted for having 0% Kona beans in their coffee.

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.

ResGuy68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner, 16 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Has anybody seen overheating issues after an EGR disable/delete?

You're cycling more heat back into the engine or cooling system (EGR cooler), which would presumably increase cooling needs. However, you're also running a lower combustion temperature.

Sponsored

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
It's limited to 3500 lbs by the government (considered a convertible)
Wow I didn’t know that. Interesting. I have a removable top. Guessing mine is also considered a convertible. 3500 is more than enough for me with my 3.6 since I may get a small trailer for post retirement trips.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
It's limited to 3500 lbs by the government (considered a convertible)
Moot point. With any trailer with more than 3,500 lbs putting the recommended 10-15% of the weight on the tongue + driver + misc would exceed the Diesel Wrangler's abysmal payload anyway.

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
I have doubts the 3500lbs rating is due to the government considering the Wrangler a convertible. If that was the case, how does the Gladiator get away with a 7000lbs tow rating when it has the same ability to lose doors and roof?

I think it's frame/wheelbase dependent mostly, but that's just my speculation.
Sponsored