TrailRecon drops the Diesel

SargeRubi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
That diesel should have been a CUMMINS. We all know it. A Fiat diesel is a piece of crap. And add in all the extra smog restrictors and it just makes it worse.

Every YouTube mechanic video on that engine is very clear about how it has to be babied.

They did us a disservice. It could have been a Cummins. Maybe one day we will get a Cummins.

Cummins.

Absolutely agree. This engine leaks, has to be babied, and has a questionable reliability. It should have been a cummins for sure.
Sponsored

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I guess he never had a jk? 240 was everyday temp on any climb in CO, I remember having 235* coolant when the air temp was -5* by myself headed to work over the divide On I70.
He had/has a JK.
Watched his recent video. Diesel went some rims ago. He has a Bronco and the hybrid Jeep right now. And a PowerWagon. And more.
Good videos.

JGlanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JLURXR, Outback
Occupation
Dog trainer
I had no idea. Now, I might try his brand if it's not just a label.

I want to roast my on beans as well...but for fun and my consumption.
I've been roasting my own beans for years. I really enjoy doing it and trying lots of varieties and haven't bought any roasted beans in 10 years because mine is always better.

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
yup, fully commercialized now.
yup, fully commercialized now.
I really stop watching when he pretty much dropped Marco and the gang and signed up with under lite brite nation. Brad is a good guy, but I think he is being steered in another direction from the powers to be. I still like to watch 395junky which is still part of my area and is still good content.

Deleted member 59498

I remember years ago I drove out of Denver West on I70 and damn near passed out going over the mountains. I mean it wasn't really passing out I just felt sick and light headed and had to pull over and stop for a bit to get my breath. I had always lived at near sea level and it was a bit of a body shock. I could imagine any engine would be strained on such a change. Not sure what the altitude was but at least 10000 feet?

Totally irrelevant to the discussion maybe but was a weird.

Sponsored

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
It's a V.M. Motori diesel that's been in production a while. And they've been making diesels for a long time.

Just because Fiat bought them out doesn't make it a Fiat.
I stand corrected. I just wish it would have been a Cummins.
I heard that Cummins has also been making diesels for a while as well.

In fact, Ram should drop the Cummins in their 2500 and 3500 and put a V.M. Motori in those. /s

Seriously though. Cummins is a legend of an engine and it would set Jeep apart if they could integrate that highly efficient and super torquey 2.8 into the Jeep line up.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

I had no idea. Now, I might try his brand if it's not just a label.

I want to roast my on beans as well...but for fun and my consumption.
the bourbon variant was tasty enough but is a relabel from “got your six” coffee co. Or maybe it was created at his request & not regularly available from them, don’t know. Also it was preground, not whole bean, so, eh

Jeep Wrangler JL TrailRecon drops the Diesel DB700D46-1F78-449F-9BE1-FD3B65EDCDE6

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I really stop watching when he pretty much dropped Marco and the gang and signed up with under lite brite nation. Brad is a good guy, but I think he is being steered in another direction from the powers to be. I still like to watch 395junky which is still part of my area and is still good content.
What do you mean signed up under lite brite?

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Anyone who owns an ecodiesel and doesn't delete the emissions and get rid of the DEF system is a dumbass. We deleted ours, had it tuned and haven't used DEF in years. Over 110K miles on it and not a problem. Even better with a larger turbo. We get 35mpg and it'll smoke my buddies 2017 Raptor in a drag race. No issues when heading to Ouray in the summer and climbing up over 14k feet.

Sponsored

tjklein

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon
I heard that Cummins has also been making diesels for a while as well.

In fact, Ram should drop the Cummins in their 2500 and 3500 and put a V.M. Motori in those. /s

Seriously though. Cummins is a legend of an engine and it would set Jeep apart if they could integrate that highly efficient and super torquey 2.8 into the Jeep line up.
Legend? How was the Cummins 5.0 they put in the Nissan Titan? Yikes.

Not everything they have made has been gold, but I agree most of their engines are solid.

JDub11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl 2012jk
I was going to mention that 5.0. Terrible fuel economy. Turbo issues, fuel pump issues. The list keeps going. Haven't had one issue with the 3rd gen ecodiesel yet. Banks Power thinks it's a good enough design to base one of their military engines on.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I have to admit when Brad was marketing that at Christmas I was a bit put off. OTOH, I'm happy for that young couple Britney and Kevin and also Brad for what they made of themselves through YouTube.
At this rate we all are going to quit our day jobs, become professional youtubers, and make a living shooting useless videos for one another... 😫

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
You know it’s mainly just a marketing move trying to broaden his viewer base. Heck, he’s got 8 vehicles to create content with including a side by side coming it seems. Here since he jumped up another 200k subscribers over the last couple of years, he’s definitely went more commercial and, to me, less entertaining. Out of all his videos the last year, I counted 14 where he was actually doing some dirt driving/traveling. There’s definitely a lack of rock crawling and bigger obstacles now.

It just seems more about growing his business but I don’t really get the appeal to much of his content lately. Everybody that sees any success, like he has, on YT immediately does the product placement/review thing. He’s a little less obvious on the product plugging but it’s still there. Once in a while I’ll check in to see why people are watching and feel I’ve already seen that content before. Kinda boring.

If he really wanted to grow his channel past the current 465k, he would include travel…of any kind. There’s multiple multi million subscriber channels that encompass various forms of travel.
Sponsored