ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

KC250 who owned the 1st 3.0 EcoDiesel in Canada already commented on this. His friend Sean who also had the EcoDiesel diesel in the Gladiator had 456 regarding they both experienced the same overheating issues at the exact same time. They were at high elevations on a very steep grade deep grade he claims it was the hottest day he ever experienced. He had put thousands upon thousands of miles across Canada and through a good portion of the United States. He only experienced it one time but it forced him and his buddy SeanIs to a maximum speed of 40 miles an hour. I've never experienced it but in the event I'm in a extreme heat low density air situation like that I'd rather my engine degrade to prevent any serious engine damage or mechanical issues. This just recently happened case in point one of our fleet vehicles at work was pushed well beyond its capability because the payload was far exceeded. Not low density air situations but extreme heat on an extreme grade. The operator saw the temperature rising and and just pushed it anyway basically destroying the engine it's seized and hasn't run since.
Yeah, I agree. I figure Iā€™ll monitor temps and reduce speed/increase RPMā€™s to lower boost. Sounds like having the Tazer override for the e-fan helps in conjunction with opening up the hood vents. I still want to measure the e-fan CFM and see if thereā€™s room for improvement there with a SPAL.
Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

KC250 who owned the 1st 3.0 EcoDiesel in Canada already commented on this. His friend Sean who also had the EcoDiesel diesel in the Gladiator had 456 regarding they both experienced the same overheating issues at the exact same time. They were at high elevations on a very steep grade deep grade he claims it was the hottest day he ever experienced. He had put thousands upon thousands of miles across Canada and through a good portion of the United States. He only experienced it one time but it forced him and his buddy SeanIs to a maximum speed of 40 miles an hour. I've never experienced it but in the event I'm in a extreme heat low density air situation like that I'd rather my engine degrade to prevent any serious engine damage or mechanical issues. This just recently happened case in point one of our fleet vehicles at work was pushed well beyond its capability because the payload was far exceeded. Not low density air situations but extreme heat on an extreme grade. The operator saw the temperature rising and and just pushed it anyway basically destroying the engine it's seized and hasn't run since.
Mine will be pretty damn heavy from the start: full AEV JL370 build, winch, skid plates, rock sliders, roof rack, RTT, Goose Gear, fridge, etc. We also sometimes put the RTT on a small military-style trailer and pull that. I need to start keeping track of the weight of each, but it's a crapload.

I live at 7,400 feet and most of our excursions go up from there. The diesel seems like an appropriate choice to be able to handle the weight, but I'm a little concerned about it wimping out when we use it to climb another half mile or so in elevation. We'll see.

HBDiesel

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler 2018 Tundra 2018 4Runner 69 Chevelle
Doubt the diesel wimps out before the 3.6 or 2.0. Jeeps clearly arenā€™t made to tow they are off road vehicles built for ladyā€™s or lady size menšŸ˜œ. That tiny grill and tiny radiator could be improved. Whatā€™s most of the world use off road?
Sponsored