Trailer towing straps

BearcatMLA

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep 3.0L diesel granite crystal metallic
I got a flatbed to haul the Jeep to/from the trail and hopefully to do some serious traveling with the Jeep in the future on some long hauls. Those of you who trailer your Jeep, what straps do you use to secure it to the trailer? I've been researching these car hauler tie down straps and was wondering if y'all have found some to be better than others, etc.

2805BB3F-B695-4BB6-A10B-403B47246F86.jpeg
Sponsored

bcampion

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-2020
If I were to tow my jeep on a flat bed trailer I would use chains and chain binders over straps, just my opinion based on hauling construction equipment on flatbeds

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
If I were to tow my jeep on a flat bed trailer I would use chains and chain binders over straps, just my opinion based on hauling construction equipment on flatbeds
Agree, safer, faster and might even be required on a flat bed. Used them all the time while hauling tractors on goose neck flat bed

Sponsored

WontonJLUR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I came across those after I posted. It looks like a lot of people are using the Mac’s axle straps.
They're fantastic, and I use the 40" (42? Don't remember) axle straps with the fleece sleeves for tying my car to the trailer when going to the race track as well.

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
Chains and binders to the axles. Don't attach to anything above the springs. One chain pulling forward and one pulling to the rear.

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
Anything made by Kinedyne that suits your requirement. They are simply the transportation industry standard.
https://www.kinedyne.com/
Sponsored