First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
Question about ordering trailer tow and HD electrical group with/without steel bumpers--
Are the upgraded springs the same whether you order one or both? Are the shocks also upgraded for towing/weight?
Thanks, Roger
Sponsored

MonopoliJLUR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Question about ordering trailer tow and HD electrical group with/without steel bumpers--
Are the upgraded springs the same whether you order one or both? Are the shocks also upgraded for towing/weight?
Thanks, Roger
Thanks, Roger
I could be wrong but I believe that they don’t upgrade the springs for either, the tow package gets the auxiliary switches and adds a better alternator and a bigger cooling fan, as for the steel bumpers I believe they just adjust the stiffness of the shocks to make up for the steel bumpers

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
FWIW, it is unclear if the 240 amp alternator is actually better than the standard 220 amp version.

Max output is rarely produced by the system as we spend very little time in a high rpm range where the higher top end number would be expected to be available.

The amperage generated at cruising rpm is the more important specification, and many times an alternator with a lower max output will have a robust output where it really counts.

Jeep publishes the peak output specification of 240 amps, which appears as an upgrade, but does not seem to provide any information pertaining to the more applicable specifications.

Last time I checked it seemed as if you do not get any additional cooling capability.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, Roger
The hardtop, tow package, and steel bumpers will increase the weight of the Jeep, and is usually outfitted with the heaviest stock spring rates. My 4 door Rubi came with 61/62 fronts and 91/92 rears. The factory shocks are the same, regardless of those options.

OP
OP
SuboneWH

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
Thanks for the replies!
Roger

Sponsored

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
The hardtop, tow package, and steel bumpers will increase the weight of the Jeep, and is usually outfitted with the heaviest stock spring rates. My 4 door Rubi came with 61/62 fronts and 91/92 rears. The factory shocks are the same, regardless of those options.
Don’t mean to thread hijack, but a few questions:

1) @Headbarcode - which options were on your JLUR to get those springs? Did you have all three options you listed (hard top, tow, steal bumpers)?

2) how can someone tell which springs ##/## they have?

3) my yet-to-arrive JLUR will have the tow package and hard top (dual top) but I plan to add steal bumpers later (maybe OEM) will/should I expect to have to replace the springs when I do that?

Obviously I’m a newb, so apologies in advance for the ignorance of my questions.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t mean to thread hijack, but a few questions:

1) @Headbarcode - which options were on your JLUR to get those springs? Did you have all three options you listed (hard top, tow, steal bumpers)?

2) how can someone tell which springs ##/## they have?

3) my yet-to-arrive JLUR will have the tow package and hard top (dual top) but I plan to add steal bumpers later (maybe OEM) will/should I expect to have to replace the springs when I do that?

Obviously I’m a newb, so apologies in advance for the ignorance of my questions.
1. I had my jeep built with everything except dual top (only wanted the hardtop), smokers package, painted roof or fenders, and Mopar add-ons.

2. The spring rates are reflected in the last 2 digits of the part number, on the label that will be on each of your 4 springs.

3. It's hard to try and figure out the mentality of the mothership, but you shouldn't have to worry about your upcoming spring rates. They have several to choose from, so even if you don't get the very highest, you'll most likely still get a set from the higher end of the spectrum. It'll take more than bumpers to start noticing sag, so you needn't worry. Also, if a suspension lift is on your horizon, all of those parts will end up on the members marketplace anyway. If it's not, than just give us enablers some time. Lol :rock:

And don't apologize for asking questions. It's what a lot of us are here for. To watch each others backs on the quest to making informed decisions. Everyone's "ignorant" to everything, until they dive in and get their hands dirty.

Welcome to the fold, Mark!

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
1. I had my jeep built with everything except dual top (only wanted the hardtop), smokers package, painted roof or fenders, and Mopar add-ons.

2. The spring rates are reflected in the last 2 digits of the part number, on the label that will be on each of your 4 springs.

3. It's hard to try and figure out the mentality of the mothership, but you shouldn't have to worry about your upcoming spring rates. They have several to choose from, so even if you don't get the very highest, you'll most likely still get a set from the higher end of the spectrum. It'll take more than bumpers to start noticing sag, so you needn't worry. Also, if a suspension lift is on your horizon, all of those parts will end up on the members marketplace anyway. If it's not, than just give us enablers some time. Lol :rock:

And don't apologize for asking questions. It's what a lot of us are here for. To watch each others backs on the quest to making informed decisions. Everyone's "ignorant" to everything, until they dive in and get their hands dirty.

Welcome to the fold, Mark!
Great, clear answers and thanks for the kind words. I cannot wait for vehicle to come in.

OP
OP
SuboneWH

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
I tow a boat currently with my JLUS no problems, ordered a JLUR in May and was just curious about stock springs.
Thanks
Sponsored