Trailer hitch and wiring harness?

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I placed my order on 24th Feb. I dont have a parts number.

When I picked up the Jeep, my dealer said my tow bar would be ready soon and the tow bar for the Rubicon would not be ready till late 2019.

I failed to ask "why would the Rubicon have a different tow package"
Sponsored

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
what tow package?

It was my understanding that the official jeep tow package wasnt available yet?

That also said, i was at the caravan and camping show at homebush in Sydney on Sunday, spoke to the guys at hayman Reese and they had no idea about their solution for the JL yet... Anyone have any more solid information about that?
The last email I have from the Technical Services Representative at Cequent (a division of Horizon Global, suppliers of Hayman Reese) was for release mid September. I was told "As soon as a towbar is released a notification will be posted on our News and Events page on the Hayman Reese web site." Obviously this has sailed by. I plan to follow up next week if nothing published on their website by next Wednesday.

You have ordered the Unlimited, so just remember that the available hitches are all rated at the two door spec. Just depends on your towing requirements.

Last edited:

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Design Development Manager
I am also looking for a towing package for the Rubi.. Has anyone come across one yet? I did notice that I got a hitch receiver plug with my Jeep. No Idea why... I am currently looking for something to plug with it until my Jeep is tow ready...

I have also pondered on the possibility of transferring the hitch receiver and wiring harness from my JK to the JL.. does anyone know if this would work? the Hitch receiver appears to be the same dimensions...

xtnqx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon Diesel
I've installed the Rubicon tow bar already, got it last week from the dealership. Just making changes to the huge number plate relocation plate and adding lights.

Part number for the Tow Bar Kit = LA221153AA.
Relocation Kit = LA000011AA.

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
I've installed the Rubicon tow bar already, got it last week from the dealership. Just making changes to the huge number plate relocation plate and adding lights.

Part number for the Tow Bar Kit = LA221153AA.
Relocation Kit = LA000011AA.
Thanks. Do you have any specs or ratings for this tow bar?

Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Just making changes to the huge number plate relocation plate and adding lights.
I too do not like the number plate relocation. What changes have you made?

xtnqx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon Diesel
I too do not like the number plate relocation. What changes have you made?
Have just go the plate screwed to the bar so far (and without lights) while we cut an aluminium plate which will hide behind the number plate and will add the 2 small LED's which are from Ebay, which will just screw into the top holes of the number plate which arent being used.

Looking to lift a few cm's more to the blue line also so it looks better. The highest possible without the back up camera being affected.

Will put up pics after the weekend once its done.

plate.jpg

plate1.jpg

led.jpg

chkoh

First Name
Chin Hao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Have just go the plate screwed to the bar so far (and without lights) while we cut an aluminium plate which will hide behind the number plate and will add the 2 small LED's which are from Ebay, which will just screw into the top holes of the number plate which arent being used.

Looking to lift a few cm's more to the blue line also so it looks better. The highest possible without the back up camera being affected.

Will put up pics after the weekend once its done.

plate.jpg

plate1.jpg

led.jpg
Hi! How did you remove the original rear license plate hangout? Or did you just use a frenetic to cut it level?

Appreciate your opinions :)

xtnqx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon Diesel
Drew a line and hit it with the grinder lol. Stainless steel cutting disc.

Last edited:

Sponsored

chkoh

First Name
Chin Hao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Drew a line and hit it with the grinder lol. Stainless steel cutting disc.
Hahaha icic! It’s just a plastic plate right? Doesn’t have to be stainless steel cutting disc?

devaka

First Name
Devaka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
@xtnqx
Is this WLD - 17-Inch Black Wheels with Polished Lip wheel which is an optional paid upgrade to the original wheel ?

Apparently I got the same wheel and wondering is it the correct one since I don’t remember why I ordered it initially ? Haven’t seen the default original rubicon wheel in Australia .