Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jeep Team @ SC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
SC_Trailcal_18-Jeep-JL_Hero_2400_x_800.jpg

TrailCal support for the 2018 Jeep® Wrangler® JL is now available! It is no secret that Superchips has set the benchmark for Jeep tire and gear calibration. The Flashcal for JL (PN 3571-JL) has been selling at a blistering pace and today’s announcement, regarding TrailCal (PN 41051-JL), is set to take consumer demand to the next level for the JL market. If you own a JL, take a close look at all that TrailCal has to offer you.

Take advantage of Superchips’ seamless tire and gear settings and pair that with our best-in-class, 5 inch, color touchscreen display. Those that own JL Wranglers are not leaving them stock for long. Is that you? Our team has observed a very high modification rate, particularly with tires, gears, and lift kits, among JL owners. You’ve made the investment in your JL. Now let Superchips help integrate some of the most popular aftermarket upgrades you’ve added. TrailCal for JL not only solves a problem for those experiencing issues with their speedometer and shift patterns, but delivers a tremendous amount of added value and functionality. Enjoy a dedicated device to manage countless data parameters, observe pitch/roll, tire, and gear settings, and manage auto start/stop (a huge hot button for JL owners!). Review the information below. Many have used Superchips products on your previous Jeeps. We’re confident you’ll be pleased with our offerings on the JL Wrangler and we’re excited to have you as part of the Superchips family!

Shop for TrailCal for JL Today!

TrailCal Features for 2018 JL Wrangler®
Gear Ratio: 2.0-10.0
Low Gear Ratio: 1.0-15.0
Tire Size: 22.50-40.00
TPMS On Off
TPMS Threshold: 22-64 PSI
Daytime Running Lights
High Beams/Low Beams
Turn Signals/Fog Lights/Stock
Fog with High Beams
Idle Up: 800-2000 RPMs
One-Touch Turn Signal: ON/OFF
Swaybar Connect/Disconnect: ON/OFF
Auto Start/Stop: On/Off
Auto Traction Control: On/Off
Daytime Running Lights with Turn Signal: On/Off

*Note, we are in development on Auto Park and additional features that we plan to make available in a software update.

Available Data Parameters:
Barometric Pressure Trans Fluid Temp
Engine Coolant Temp Gear (Auto Only)
Intake Air Temp Throttle Position
Engine RPM Corrected Speed
Battery Voltage Mileage Inst.
Vehicle Speed Time 0 to 60
Fuel Remaining Time Quarter Mile
Ambient Air Temp Mileage Avg.
Knock Sensor 1 Mileage Coach
Knock Sensor 2 Run Time
Global Knock Sensor Trip Odometer
Mass Air Flow G-Force Lateral
Spark Timing G-Force Calculated
Percent Grade G-Force
Horsepower & Torque Trans Fluid Temp (Calc)
Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Really liking the trailcal - I have been running mine for a bit now look forward to all the future updates and tuning capabilities.

ABC36D4D-9FE2-4099-ADCF-706D53D94C0E.jpeg

5454711F-FFE7-43E6-AC74-A9E6D242E907.jpeg

7DFB4838-6E24-475A-9073-383E1787BA98.jpeg

UrbanRogue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Was thinking of this but the price????? I had the TrailDash 2 for my JKU and at least that one had the option to put a tune on the vehichle. I am not seeing this option here. Maybe im missing it. just seems to be same price as TrailDash 2 but less features to me

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Was thinking of this but the price????? I had the TrailDash 2 for my JKU and at least that one had the option to put a tune on the vehichle. I am not seeing this option here. Maybe im missing it. just seems to be same price as TrailDash 2 but less features to me
No tuning from any programmers for the JL right now. Once available you will be able to tune.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@UrbanRogue
@Swanny297

I believe / think, SuperChips posted the other day that the Trailcal will be able to tune but you will have to pay an additional $125 or something like that, on top of the $429.95 for the Trailcal.

Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
@UrbanRogue
@Swanny297

I believe / think, SuperChips posted the other day that the Trailcal will be able to tune but you will have to pay an additional $125 or something like that, on top of the $429.95 for the Trailcal.
Targeting around $170 I think but the ability to program and tune from the same unit is nice - trail dash is the current version for the JK with tuning and it is on sale for $600 so comparible in cost. Again personal preference not everyone will want a tune package because of the PCM swap but I have never had issues.

For comparison we just put a Diablo Trinity PCM exchange with hemifever stage 1 tuning in my buddies Ram this past weekend and it was $799.

$429 for the trailcal and $170 for tuning/PCM swap (I am guessing for the JL) is in-line with other vehicle programmers and tuners.

TNJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLUR, ‘19 JKUR, ‘98 TJ
Occupation
Software
I just purchased the TrailCal for my new JL Rubicon a few days ago. I hooked it up last night and didn't do much after hooking it up other than adjusting the auto shutoff... the wife was calling for supper. This morning I experienced weird shenanigans when I went to move it. The headlights were flickering so I checked the daytime running lights to ensure they were correct and reset it to stock to make sure. I went to back up and the auto park feature wouldn't allow me to move, forward or reverse. I put it into 4L to bypass it. Then I noticed my turn signals were out. I reset the Jeep to stock and unplugged everything to see if it would correct itself. I had halos for running lights, but the fender lights were out. The front turn signals flashed 3 times, then 2, then once and then went out. I still had/have no rear turn signals. The TrailCal has the updated software. I then reset the TrailCal to factory and tried everything again. No Go.

My first thought is there is a bug in the TrailCal software. Something clearly did not play well with the Jeep when I installed it. I selected Fog Lights and it opened Running Lights. Turn signal, opened auto traction control... It's frustrating to say the least. I'm more irked that I can't get my rear turn signals to work at all now. I have the JK TrailCal, no issues. FlashCal, no issues. I have video of everything to help troubleshoot.

I hope the PCM doesn't have to be reflashed, or worse. I'm calling Superchips first thing in the morning to see if they can assist. If not, back to the dealer to get it checked out.

TNJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLUR, ‘19 JKUR, ‘98 TJ
Occupation
Software
....... I hope the PCM doesn't have to be reflashed, or worse. I'm calling Superchips first thing in the morning to see if they can assist. If not, back to the dealer to get it checked out.
UPDATE:
I called Superchips this morning and they provided top notch support once again! They are aware of this happening to one other JL and are working on a firmware fix to be released soon. I do have to have my PCM flashed, but they’re willing to reimburse my out of pocket costs. Thanks Superchips.
Sponsored

Last edited: