Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Yes, but on my 2018 Sport S I have the 'anti-spin' Dana 44 rear axle. This causes the dragging break to bind the mechanical limited slip mechanism opposed to the driven wheel. Seems like something will break in short order.
The limited slip will still let it slip, but it will accelerate wear on the clutches. I wouldn't use it personally with a limited slip but it is possible.
Sponsored

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
That's debatable. Someone with sufficient skill can use throttle induced oversteer to turn a vehicle significantly sharper than it can be turned conventionally. It takes a hell of a lot of skill to do that in a controlled manner though.
You meant to say "can drift" lol :)

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
May have missed it, but anyone know if this is available on the Tazer Lite?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t believe anyone owns a rubicon and doesn’t use the tazer. From lockers when you want, independent of gear, eac other, etc. Sway kill for running rough terrain much more smoothly at speed. Turning down the tpms threshold so I can run my 37’s at 30 psi without warning lights. Those features alone are worth the price of admission. Add in some of the seldom used bonus features like the trail turn assist, winch mode, being able to lock all 4 brakes (especially useful when winching someone else out as the parking brake only locks the rear tires and often leads to the vehicle sliding forward if you aren’t holding the brakes on), not to mention boost reading, 0-60 timers, adjusting for tire size, etc. The tazer should be the first purchase for every rubicon owner in my opinion.
Had one and dumped it for JSCAN. The marry/unmarry and subsequent loss of settings prior to a trip to the dealer was the deal breaker when (for me) JSCAN does everything I need without having anything connected.

With that said, the Tazer does everything it says that it will.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Sponsored

Bohica

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
Nice theory, but that’s not how it will work IRL. People tear up trails when they use TTA. That’s what Ford has to repair the damage between runs during their Off Rodeos.

Not saying it shouldn’t be offered. Not saying it should never be used. But I am saying that in the real world, as used by your average Jeep/Bronco owner, it’s going to cause damage.
Not to mention playing havoc with your warranty (such as it is).

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
I'll admit that it looks fun, but it sure seems like the perfect way to accelerate permanent trail closures.
Best left to tearing up your own back yard or field and off public lands, unless it's something like slick rock, which won't get F'ed up.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
it gets shown off like that to sell the product, but the point of it is for navigating tight switch backs.

It's been on the Land Cruiser for a long long time. I've used it in a LC to reverse direction when I wanted to leave where I was faster than a 3 point turn would let me, you can flip the truck in the street right around. It's a great feature for a long wheel base truck trying to navigate tight spots, hooning not withstanding......

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
So yesterday, I went to a Bronco Experience event at Bridgeport OHV Park. We have an order in for a Badlands Sasquach to replace my wife's Grand Cherokee. Maybe a Raptor Bronco now... anyway I got to play around with turn assist on the Bronco, then today I updated my Tazer and tested it out on my JLUR. In my opintion it works better on the Jeep than the Bronco. The youtube vids make it look like the Bronco turns like a tank going extremely slow. The truth is that you have to get the RPMs up over about 2000 for it to really make a big difference. Same in the Jeep. The faster the outside wheel turns, the tighter the turn is. A quick video demo:

Sponsored

Firestarter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon
I suppose if you’re making you’re own trail, using a crutch would be handy. If you were following a trail, and you were a skillful driver, you wouldn’t need to do a pivot rotation. Skill is learned over time. Pushing a button to feel skillful is still just pushing a button.
No amount of skill can make the vehicle turn in sharper. Yes, you can drift the rear end out, but at that point this system is more controlled and less damaging to... everything. Realistically, trails become deteriorated with use and you just lose the original line. Or you are like me and have a longer vehicle.

Sometimes the best line requires more than what your vehicle is capable of providing. Yes, I'd love a dynatrac xd60 with 50 degrees of steering angle, but sadly I don't have it.

I just got back from a Baja trip and it works quite well. Yes it's donut mode for the beach, but I was also following a 4runner and there was a section where they couldn't get far enough over before turning the opposite direction and scraped their rock slider... I was able to pivot more and it didn't destroy the trail for those behind me.

Snowboardinwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 528i
I updated my tazer last week to find I can now turn around in my three car wide driveway in the snow!

Not something I'll use every day but I did run into two instances on the trail last year that this would have come in quite handy. Three point turn wasn't an option.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Combine this feature with an Atlas transfer case to do front digs, and it’s even more amazing. Quickly played with mine in the snow today. Check out this 90° exit after backing up to turn around-
Jeep Wrangler JL Trail Turn Assist Now Available on JL With Tazer BA11E70F-9467-44DC-B51E-9E61F9E9279E

And this complete turn-

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I just started playing around with this for the first time today. I tried it in 4H and it seems like the ABS system was doing something, but the left rear (I was turning left) didn't totally lock. Should this work in 4H in addition to 4L?
Sponsored