Vehicle Showcase
Time to update my firmware!
Sponsored

Firestarter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon
Mine disconnects easily. Tazer makes it unlock in 2wd as well and can kill the reconnect. Not that that matters since mine reconnects once I go back under the speed (could be the tazer doing that though).
if it’s really a want, you can get a pneumatic actuator for it and it will function the same and you can show off the dangerous condition of disconnecting your sway bar under heavy loads.

Come on, you can admit it.
An immediate disconnect under load is better than a janky one (I paid for the janky one).

Firestarter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon
no amount of skill can make the vehicle turn sharper than it can conventionally.

Yep. I’m old fashioned. All the gimmicks the whiz kids are able to program sure seem fun, but what about actually having skill? These “because we can” upgrades, like self-driving (self-guessing) cars, are dumbing down young drivers. Sort of like not knowing how to use a telephone or how to read a gas gauge.

Firestarter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon
doing multiple point turns with several tons supported by 4 small surfaces is damaging to the trail as well. Using this can save trail damage especially since it can allow for smaller trails with smaller turn around areas.

just like a locker can damage or reduce damage to the trail… off-road equipment has its place.

if you really care about the environment, then why are you tearing it up with a Jeep? Get some hiking shoes and a Prius.

It's a gimmick option to make the yuppy non off-roaders show there friends something they think is cool. The GMC Hummer EV has it as well. Think about if everyone used it on Black Bear pass instead of using a 3 point on the switchbacks. You'll have a horrible ruts in pretty much the same spot all the way down ruining the trail. You don't need it in sand, because most sand areas are wide open. Take your time, and use the right line or do a 3 point. Save the trails for the next guy.

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

no amount of skill can make the vehicle turn sharper than it can conventionally.
That's debatable. Someone with sufficient skill can use throttle induced oversteer to turn a vehicle significantly sharper than it can be turned conventionally. It takes a hell of a lot of skill to do that in a controlled manner though.

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Not that that matters since mine reconnects once I go back under the speed (could be the tazer doing that though).
Mine reconnects automatically also. (no tazer). I suspect that they all do.

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I suppose if you’re making you’re own trail, using a crutch would be handy. If you were following a trail, and you were a skillful driver, you wouldn’t need to do a pivot rotation. Skill is learned over time. Pushing a button to feel skillful is still just pushing a button.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
doing multiple point turns with several tons supported by 4 small surfaces is damaging to the trail as well. Using this can save trail damage especially since it can allow for smaller trails with smaller turn around areas.

just like a locker can damage or reduce damage to the trail… off-road equipment has its place.

if you really care about the environment, then why are you tearing it up with a Jeep? Get some hiking shoes and a Prius.
Savage! Lol

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Nice theory, but that’s not how it will work IRL. People tear up trails when they use TTA. That’s what Ford has to repair the damage between runs during their Off Rodeos.

Not saying it shouldn’t be offered. Not saying it should never be used. But I am saying that in the real world, as used by your average Jeep/Bronco owner, it’s going to cause damage.

Thane

First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURXR, 10 FJ Cruiser
I agree it will damage trails, probably less than non-locked rears that dig up almost every trail at obstacles and most wranglers are not equipped with lockers...

I have used it, it is definitely not a gimmick. I happened to be on a private trail on private property with owner's permission, TreadLightly.org friendly.

No one is being forced to use it.

Sponsored

thance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Commander, 2002 Liberty, Looking for JLURD
That's debatable. Someone with sufficient skill can use throttle induced oversteer to turn a vehicle significantly sharper than it can be turned conventionally. It takes a hell of a lot of skill to do that in a controlled manner though.
My first instinct was to call non-sense, but then I remembered being with my father (who spent many years in the racing industry, mostly as a head mechanic) when we were coming to a green light with a car stopped and waiting to make a left hand turn in front of us. My father didn't see the car and I didn't realize that he was unaware until the the last second when I called out. He did a perfect 90 degree skid assisted turn to the right with his side of the car right behind the other and us now facing and headed toward the curb, followed by a perfect 90 degrees back to the left where we then continued going straight as if nothing had happened... beyond him inquiring why I hadn't warned him sooner. Both turns where perfect and it looked like a lot of luck, but was likely a lot more. I never asked for the details and he likely wouldn't have shared anything overly useful. But yes, it is possible, you do have to be an expert, and someone that doesn't know what they're doing or isn't extremely lucky would likely just spin around and hit the car or something else uncontrollably. As this is a jeep forum, I should add that that was in a Fiero, which was a very low and fairly wide (for it's size) sporty (for the 80's) car.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Mine reconnects automatically also. (no tazer). I suspect that they all do.
Yes, tazer or not, the sway bar automatically connects above a certain speed and then automatically disconnects again once you go below that particular speed. The only difference is the speed at which this occurs. This speed for a stock jeep is, I think, 18mph, and if you have a tazer connected, that speed increases to 30mph.
Also, this speed limit can be completely disabled if the “SwayKill” option within the tazer menu is set to one of the shortcuts and you disconnect the sway bar with that shortcut; it will stay disconnected at all speeds in that scenario.

Edit: I’d like to make a small distinction after rereading my post: The sway bar reconnects once the speed limit is reached (18mph stock, 30mph tazer). However, it does not automatically disconnect once the jeep slows down under that speed limit. It only automatically disconnects again once the jeep comes to a full stop. This has been my experience.

Scenario:
Say you’re driving at 10mph and you push the sway bar button and disconnect your sway bar. It will stay disconnected until you reach 18mph (30mph with tazer), at which point it will reconnect. It will stay connected until the next time the jeep comes to a full stop, at which point it will automatically disconnect again. It will keep automatically disconnecting until you push the sway bar button again.

Last edited:

BPINE

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom Edition
I don't see the feature on the latest firmware and is it supposed to work on a JT?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
It's a gimmick.

It's a gimmick on the Bronco, and now it's a gimmick on the Jeep.
true story. Not one time have I ever in all the years of off reading have I said to myself, “If only I could lock up the rear inside tire to make this turn. Might as well turn around and go back the way I came.” Not one time in 35 or so years of off roading.

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

true story. Not one time have I ever in all the years of off reading have I said to myself, “If only I could lock up the rear inside tire to make this turn. Might as well turn around and go back the way I came.” Not one time in 35 or so years of off roading.
I'll be pulling a tiny military-style off road trailer this summer. I'm thinking that being able to turn significantly sharper would be much better than attempting a multi-point turn.
Sponsored