Sponsored

Jeeb

First Name
JEEB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps!
I was kind of blown away when watching this video where he enabled turn assist on his JLURD via his Tazer JL Mini. Really cool.

Please realize that it will possibly damage the trail, just like the Bronco's.

Such a great point about damaging the trail. Thanks!

ekim

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ
So if I'n in 4low and locked will the taser unlock the rear, leaving the front locked, and apply the inside rear brake? - Then Lock it back up when the steering wheel is straight (or is it when it's no longer fully turned)?

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

So if I'n in 4low and locked will the taser unlock the rear, leaving the front locked, and apply the inside rear brake? - Then Lock it back up when the steering wheel is straight (or is it when it's no longer fully turned)?
The idea is to significantly reduce turn radius for a very tight corner. Having the fronts locked makes turning "challenging."

Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
No, it probably just won’t work under those conditions. I believe the rear locker has to be unlocked before initiating turn assist. I don’t think it will unlock it for you. And yes, it will only activate when fully turned. i think once the steering wheel is no longer fully turned, turn assist will disengage.

I think these are the requirements for turn assist:
4hi or 4lo(?)
Rear locker off
Wheel turned full lock left or right
Maybe traction control off(?)

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
It's a gimmick option to make the yuppy non off-roaders show there friends something they think is cool. The GMC Hummer EV has it as well. Think about if everyone used it on Black Bear pass instead of using a 3 point on the switchbacks. You'll have a horrible ruts in pretty much the same spot all the way down ruining the trail. You don't need it in sand, because most sand areas are wide open. Take your time, and use the right line or do a 3 point. Save the trails for the next guy.

ekim

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ
The idea is to significantly reduce turn radius for a very tight corner. Having the fronts locked makes turning "challenging."
I had cutting brakes on my TJ and did competitive rock crawling with just a front locker because only one locker was allowed in the class I ran. I used cutting brakes all the time with the front locker on. If you need the front locker then one front wheel is probably spinning anyway.

I think that if you don't have a choice then it's not going to be usable when needed the most.

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
If the Tazer could make my Jeep crab walk only then would I be compelled to purchase one 🤣

Sponsored

Thane

First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURXR, 10 FJ Cruiser
An electronic swaybar disconnect that actually disconnects when you push the button is a gimmick?

If given the choice, who would choose to; press the button, steer left and right, put one tire up then down, find level ground... all in trying to release the disconnect or reconnect.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
An electronic swaybar disconnect that actually disconnects when you push the button is a gimmick?

If given the choice, who would choose to; press the button, steer left and right, put one tire up then down, find level ground... all in trying to release the disconnect or reconnect.
Why would anyone do that? At the start of the trail, I put it into 4hi or lo and press the sway bar button while on even ground. Why would anyone be in the middle of an obstalce and just arbitrarily decide to disconnect, I mean other than forgetting to?

JAF1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Why would anyone do that? At the start of the trail, I put it into 4hi or lo and press the sway bar button while on even ground. Why would anyone be in the middle of an obstalce and just arbitrarily decide to disconnect, I mean other than forgetting to?
Since the sway bar reconnects above 20mph I constantly find myself hitting the disconnect button. So I can see that would be nice if you forget. I think there is a way with the Tazer to keep if disconnected but I forget off hand. Guess I need to brush up or make a cheat sheet.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Since the sway bar reconnects above 20mph I constantly find myself hitting the disconnect button. So I can see that would be nice if you forget. I think there is a way with the Tazer to keep if disconnected but I forget off hand. Guess I need to brush up or make a cheat sheet.
If you're going over that speed, you're not offroading in a situation where you require it to be disconnected. Sure, it would be nice if it stayed disconnected but it's literally a button push. Lol. Not like you're getting out and actually undoing a swaybar link. ;)

Thane

First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURXR, 10 FJ Cruiser
Come on, you can admit it.
An immediate disconnect under load is better than a janky one (I paid for the janky one).
Sponsored