Sponsored

Thane

First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURXR, 10 FJ Cruiser
... or using lockers in corners and digging ruts, or not using lockers attempting climbs and digging pockets.

It's up to the driver to respect the trails with whatever features equipped. Getting all judgey on features you don't have... short sighted.
Sponsored

StaindReality

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 crew cab black out
Not sure if I missed this or not. I doubt I ever have a need to use it as I agree it is a gimmick and can ruin trails. but does this work with tazer lite on a sport? If so. How to access it?

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
I'm more confused by the number of people who watch shill clickbait channels like casey and trail recon.

Sponsored

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Yep. I’m old fashioned. All the gimmicks the whiz kids are able to program sure seem fun, but what about actually having skill? These “because we can” upgrades, like self-driving (self-guessing) cars, are dumbing down young drivers. Sort of like not knowing how to use a telephone or how to read a gas gauge.

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I'm more confused by the number of people who watch shill clickbait channels like casey and trail recon.
It's not real if it was mentioned by one of those two? Interesting.

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. I’m old fashioned. All the gimmicks the whiz kids are able to program sure seem fun, but what about actually having skill? These “because we can” upgrades, like self-driving (self-guessing) cars, are dumbing down young drivers. Sort of like not knowing how to use a telephone or how to read a gas gauge.
That's what the old timers said about the automatic transmission back in the day.

Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
That's what the old timers said about the automatic transmission back in the day.
The older generation will always complain about the tech the new generation is getting "too comfortable with" all the while forgetting it was their complaining and engineering that made those upgrades/enhancements happen...and the cycle will continue.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Not sure if I missed this or not. I doubt I ever have a need to use it as I agree it is a gimmick and can ruin trails. but does this work with tazer lite on a sport? If so. How to access it?
Ruin trails? Yeah I don't think so. There is lot of wheelspin in offroading. Turn assit keeps the inside wheel mostly stationary. The only way I see it tearing up trails is people doing donuts to try it out. No need to go environazi!

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Never needed turn assist and would never use it, the wrangler has over the last 25 years (for me) has been thin enough to handle the turns on all the trails I've been on. That bronco is rather a fat thing and for it, it should be fine. If Jeep really want to compete with the Bronco maybe it should allow the swaybar disconnect on load, now that will be the Tazer that I buy if it works for that.
So, I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the "disconnect on load" thing. Is it for a situation where you're offroading by accident? All of a sudden, you have a tire 6" higher than you were expecting before you drove into this obstacle? Normally when people are offroading, isn't that done before hand anyway?
It's cool to see but after the novelty wore off, it doesn't make much sense that it's this great option.

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
So, I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the "disconnect on load" thing. Is it for a situation where you're offroading by accident? All of a sudden, you have a tire 6" higher than you were expecting before you drove into this obstacle? Normally when people are offroading, isn't that done before hand anyway?
It's cool to see but after the novelty wore off, it doesn't make much sense that it's this great option.
maybe it's for when you accidentally drive up on the curb at the mall.
Sponsored