Bnmueller

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 M3, ‘89 325i, ‘99 Silverado
Hello all,
Brand new to the forum and looking forward to sharing the journey when my Gladiator joins the fleet. In the meantime, I'll be out in Gatlinburg this weekend in a stock JLU and was wondering if anyone could suggest some suitable trails.
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
My husband and I make about 3 trips a year down there (also got married there too) from Ohio. We love the area and are seriously considering moving there in a couple of years. Also have our tickets for the Jeep Invasion in August :like:

Sponsored

Mr.Smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X
Yeah I live in the area and would be interested as well. I hear people talk about Windrock. I would want beginner trails since I have no experience. No rock climbing for me

SouthLeb

First Name
Rame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS punk'n
Got my jeep couple of months ago.
I have been wanting to go on trails near Knoxville.

OP
OP

Bnmueller

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 M3, ‘89 325i, ‘99 Silverado
My husband and I make about 3 trips a year down there (also got married there too) from Ohio. We love the area and are seriously considering moving there in a couple of years. Also have our tickets for the Jeep Invasion in August :like:
I'm actually headed out there for a wedding at 4 Points Farm.

@RubiRob Windrock may be a little far for the weekend but I'm heading to Louisville after so that may be the perfect detour.

Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Windrock is massive. I just got home with several guys from the site. We hit all 3 badge trails. They may be too tough for beginners but there are a TON of options out there.

Crawdad1028

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 6 speed with rubi axles, lockers, RCVs, trusses, and 5.13s
Vehicle Showcase
I live in Knoxville tn and there’s not too many places you can really get off the pavement around gatlinburg. But windrock is awesome and has plenty of trails for all experience levels. Also if you make it out that far from gatlinburg you might as well go another 20 minutes and check out the Nemo train tunnel in wartburg. Its an abandoned train tunnel that you can drive through. It’s a short trail but one of my favorite spots to go to.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I live in Knoxville tn and there’s not too many places you can really get off the pavement around gatlinburg. But windrock is awesome and has plenty of trails for all experience levels. Also if you make it out that far from gatlinburg you might as well go another 20 minutes and check out the Nemo train tunnel in wartburg. Its an abandoned train tunnel that you can drive through. It’s a short trail but one of my favorite spots to go to.
Is that what your avatar picture is? Because that just looks cool :like:

Crawdad1028

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 6 speed with rubi axles, lockers, RCVs, trusses, and 5.13s
Vehicle Showcase
Is that what your avatar picture is? Because that just looks cool :like:
That would be it. :rock: it's about 3/4 of a mile and curves through the mountain so in the middle there is no light at either end.

IMG_20181230_141000553.jpg

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
That would be it. :rock: it's about 3/4 of a mile and curves through the mountain so in the middle there is no light at either end.

IMG_20181230_141000553.jpg
We make about 3 trips a year, so I'm going to have to check this place out! Is it open all year?
Sponsored