Sponsored

Trail Recon: 10 things Bronco has that the Jeep Wrangler needs

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I used to like brad but when he turned everything into a pay situation and went to bronco he became just another you tube hype out for money>>>> I know everyone has to make a living but I won't support that
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Something both Wrangler and Bronco need.....One touch all 4 windows down. Otherwise known as the fart button.

Honestly, the only thing my Wrangler needs is to get going on another adventure.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I agree, I find Brad hard to watch nowadays. I have met Brad at Overland Expo West last year and he is a nice man and I hope he remains successful, but with that said, I find that I rarely watch him anymore.

I find YouTube in general is getting harder to enjoy. With Jeep content, it is getting way over saturated. Jeep YouTubers in general are running out of new content. Like how many YouTube videos do you want to see about Black Bear pass? It feels like there are thousands of them. Same with the trails in Moab or just about any cool trail. Then when you go to an event there are hundreds of people trying to make content at an event. Now we get hundreds of videos of each yearly event. Like hey Jeep Beach in Florida is pretty much the same thing every year.

Originally is close to dead on YouTube and the over saturation of content makes it difficult to find decent content when you want to watch something.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I agree, I find Brad hard to watch nowadays. I have met Brad at Overland Expo West last year and he is a nice man and I hope he remains successful, but with that said, I find that I rarely watch him anymore.

I find YouTube in general is getting harder to enjoy. With Jeep content, it is getting way over saturated. Jeep YouTubers in general are running out of new content. Like how many YouTube videos do you want to see about Black Bear pass? It feels like there are thousands of them. Same with the trails in Moab or just about any cool trail. Then when you go to an event there are hundreds of people trying to make content at an event. Now we get hundreds of videos of each yearly event. Like hey Jeep Beach in Florida is pretty much the same thing every year.

Originally is close to dead on YouTube and the over saturation of content makes it difficult to find decent content when you want to watch something.
I enjoy Dirt Lifestyle and Fab Rats the most these days. Both have original content and a lot of custom work.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager

Venture4WD is definitely original content and off the beaten path.

Sponsored

swampflyer

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlr-2015 jette tdi-2013 mb
Occupation
retired

True, the beach is still the beach. 😎

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Manager in Automotive Aftermarket
I'll go against the grain and agree with wanting the Wrangler to have frameless windows. Nothing is goofier looking than a Wrangler with the top down or off and full framed doors. Needing to pick up a second set of half doors to have the right look is kind of bizarre but a very Jeep way to make extra money tho. I've owned several vehicles with frameless windows, hell, I'm full-time half doors on my JLR so a little extra noise or rattle isn't a deterrent to me.

The only other real complaint I have is that the Wrangler needs something more in the engine department between the 2.0L/3.6L and the 392 like a low boost version the Hurricane I-6. Just drop the 3.6L completely and add some separation away from the 2.0L. And for god's sake allow that on the 2dr. Yes, I'm aware the 4Xe exists and the diesel was there but neither of them were available on 2 doors.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Frameless windows? No thanks. That’ll be the start of endless rattles.

Bronco can get away with it; Ford owners already expect rattles...

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Venture4WD is definitely original content and off the beaten path.
I have watched every one of his videos. His content is no where as good as it used to be. He has gotten lazy. He used to film for 4 days to make a video and it included tours of small town, hiking and off road driving. Now his videos are , I drove outon a trail, camped for the night and now I am going back to the van and girlfriend.

The quality of his video production and photography are top notch for sure. But it is almost like it is an inconvenience to make something like he used.

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
There have been a few that I enjoyed but their $ and fame have started to turn me off. I have enjoyed when they have started out like us normal people and shown how to do normal people mods and what they thought of them or why they went with xyz. Now that they're big it isn't as enjoyable or educational as it once was. I'm still new to Jeeps and have enjoyed learning about them and planning on doing my next mods and how to install them. I don't care about your 102mm turbo, 8.4 v10 swapped rubicon with Dana 100s.

I know, I'll go be poor somewhere else.

Sponsored

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I have watched every one of his videos. His content is no where as good as it used to be. He has gotten lazy. He used to film for 4 days to make a video and it included tours of small town, hiking and off road driving. Now his videos are , I drove outon a trail, camped for the night and now I am going back to the van and girlfriend.

The quality of his video production and photography are top notch for sure. But it is almost like it is an inconvenience to make something like he used.
I still watch but I have to agree. You hit the nail on the head. It’s like he’s just not that into it anymore. He just released a video offering freelance photography services! I knew things looked to be going downhill for the channel views but I’m surprised at that choice of direction. Perhaps he thinks less editing for the ROI?

NAZJeeper

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK

I have liked the guy for a long time. But maybe I watched more of his old videos....I really enjoyed his gang setting up camp and doing the cooking, along with some cool trail runs in SoCal and AZ, both of which I frequent. And he seems like a genuinely nice guy....he's probably just running out of things to say.....