Sponsored

Trail Recon: 10 things Bronco has that the Jeep Wrangler needs

Barstool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mercedes GLE 350, 2020 GMC Canyon
The frameless windows, like many other things on Bronco, are a gimmick.

If you ever owned a vehicle with frameless windows you’d know to expect the windows to become wobbly after a few thousand miles. Especially on a vehicle that is meant to take a beating on the trails.
I don’t think frameless windows would work on a wrangler idk how they would even pull it off without a body change. That being said, I’ve owned a few cars and worked on many cars (Mercedes and BMW)with frameless windows and never had an issue with them. Biggest issue I had was on a few models like my SLs if the car was wet I would get a few drops in when the window went down to open the door.

landshark99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Frameless windows are fine on a car, I have had a number of them but do not want them on a vehicle that bounces around offroad

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I enjoyed TrailRecon’s 2DR vs 4Dr comparison video, and their 6-way suspension comparison one. Both contained good info and fun facts. 👍

I very much enjoyed some of the stuff that the CheaperJeeper guy makes - practical and simple upgrade videos! 👍👍

I think the Way-a life guy does some excellent stuff definitely!!! Particularly the stock Jeep topics. 👍👍👍

But — I really really really enjoy the Lite Brite videos, especially the ones where they go to summer beach events! …and their Jeep-related topics are good, too. 😂😂😂
Well it's probably a good thing some people watch the LB channel. That poor girl would die from attention starvation otherwise 🤣

Sponsored

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
Good video, but I got a Jeep in part because in an age of smart vehicles, Jeep let me order one as “dumb” as possible. Adding more tech to break just turns me off. Our explorer has been great for the most part, but every issue has been a technological gremlin tied to some fancy feature, and i don’t have a rocket science degree to fix it.

The things i like about bronco are more Ford’s approach with it. Being able to order more features a la carte instead of forcing a trim upgrade (and a bunch of features you don’t want), along with the split rear seats (in concept, not execution since those don’t sit flush when folded down)

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
So many of these “this feature is better” is just subjective, and imo a waste of time constantly comparing.

I find Jeep seats to be plenty comfortable, and Ford seats (on a few vehicles I’ve owners & many I’ve rented) to be very uncomfortable.

Will be interesting to see if the frameless windows have issues staying in the tracks over time vs framed windows. The window frames on the Jeep also make it very easy to lift the doors off.

I agree the button placement could be better on the Jeep, but to be honest 98% of owners won’t use those aux buttons.

Also subjective, imo the Bronco is ugly. At roughly 200k annual sales, Wranglers definitely aren’t hurting.
Every frameless door car I've had or been in would rattle, especially when the window is down halfway. I'm also interested to see how the frameless window seals against the soft top! I'm betting people will have issues with leaking over time.

Sponsored

J.Ralston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Law Enforcement, Self Defense/Firearms Trainer, Professional Musician, Off Road Enthusiast.
How about an +80yr history to match..:jk::flag:

You have no idea at just how bad I want to own one of those some day! It is seriously on my bucket list of things “to do” before I die! After I get my Jeep paid off in the next few years I am thinking long and hard about trying to track one down and to either restore it to almost all original condition or to maintain it in as best of condition as possible should I buy one that’s already in decent shape. And once I do eventually get one, I will literally keep it until the day that I die and will then at that point have it get passed down to one of my kids. When I do eventually get one, I am going to try and get one that is as old as possible. My ultimate goal will be to get one that saw military action is World War II or even the Korean and/or Vietnam war simply due to the history alone that that Jeep would have seen and been a part of. To me, the historical significance alone would make that Jeep incredibly special to me. The one in that video is incredibly nice too! Excellent work with everything done to it!

J.Ralston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Law Enforcement, Self Defense/Firearms Trainer, Professional Musician, Off Road Enthusiast.
All these videos popping up of brand-new Broncos breaking parts reminds us why Jeeps have been the off-road vehicles of choice for 80 years.
When I ordered and then bought my 2021 JLUR, I came over to the Jeep side for the very first time ever.

Prior to that I was mainly a Toyota Tacoma guy and loved them. I actually still do to this day as well. And when I ordered my Jeep, I came extremely close to ordering a 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road Pro 4x4 but I wanted something that was extremely capable of off roading in bone stock form. And when I compared the new Tacoma with the new Rubicon, the JLUR won out in virtually almost every category that I had listed. From there it was a no brainer and as a result, I decided to go with a Jeep for the first time ever and so far, I totally love almost everything about it!

With the Broncos’ there is a lot of things that I like and also a lot of things that I dislike too but if I had everything to do all over again I would still choose my JLUR over the Bronco any day of the week. Yes, the Bronco does have a few things on it that I like better and wished that Jeep would implicate but those things are extremely minor.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
My cousin is picking his Bronco up today. I am looking forward to eventually checking it out to see what all the fuss is about. Looks cool to me.
Jeep Wrangler JL Trail Recon: 10 things Bronco has that the Jeep Wrangler needs 6B1705DD-A82B-41AF-99DD-56E64DEE57DA
The two doors absolutely look better than the four. And that green looks good.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
You have no idea at just how bad I want to own one of those some day! It is seriously on my bucket list of things “to do” before I die! After I get my Jeep paid off in the next few years I am thinking long and hard about trying to track one down and to either restore it to almost all original condition or to maintain it in as best of condition as possible should I buy one that’s already in decent shape. And once I do eventually get one, I will literally keep it until the day that I die and will then at that point have it get passed down to one of my kids. When I do eventually get one, I am going to try and get one that is as old as possible. My ultimate goal will be to get one that saw military action is World War II or even the Korean and/or Vietnam war simply due to the history alone that that Jeep would have seen and been a part of. To me, the historical significance alone would make that Jeep incredibly special to me. The one in that video is incredibly nice too! Excellent work with everything done to it!
i think the holly grail is to restore a 1940 Willys MB since it was the first year introduced. Sort of like owning an elusive 1937 M1 Garand…..
Sponsored